• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
Mr. Liverpool, Steven Gerrard to leave LFC in the summer. (Probably to the MLS... what is with British footballers and their obsession to retire in the USA?)
Never thought this day would come. Really annoyed at the way Liverpool handled the situation and at him too for leaving.
But then he's done more than enough I guess. Singlehandedly won so many games and finals.
Nothing but respect for the legend.

Money. Also, English players hate moving from England. Beckham has opened a potential home to the USA for them.
The owners might have saved the club but they have made poor decisions recently. Suarez, Agger, Carragher are not properly replaced and same with Gerrard. I don't blame Gerrard for leaving this time. He wants regular football and a decent paycheck. Liverpool recently have a habit of low-balling on wages. Cost them Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Mkhi and maybe Sanchez as well.

Reaction score
Only Luiz, T.Silva and Iniesta didn't deserve it.
Even robben. The point is were is muller,pogba,costa,hazard,reus,courtois,hummels........ shouldn't they be given a chance too for their exceptional performances thorough out the year
and Coach of the year should have been Simeone guiding a team with average capabilities above Barca and Real Madrid in La liga and reaching till finals of UCL.

Reaction score
No way! I wouldn't have minded even if he was shortlisted for the top 3 Ballon d'Or candidates.

No doubt he is an exceptionally great talent but if you consider the world XI there are players who have performed better than him this year.for instance ibrahimovic

Reaction score
Even robben. The point is were is muller,pogba,costa,hazard,reus,courtois,hummels........ shouldn't they be given a chance too for their exceptional performances thorough out the year
and Coach of the year should have been Simeone guiding a team with average capabilities above Barca and Real Madrid in La liga and reaching till finals of UCL.

Robben deserves it. Singlehandedly carried the entire Dutch team to 3rd place. Robben has been the best player at Bayern too since Kroos has left. I'd argue he should have been there over Neuer. If anything, Suarez had a bigger case than Ibrahimovic but that bite ruined it for him. Missed more than half of 2014.

Godin over Luiz, Alaba/Hummels over Silva and Modric over Iniesta for me.

And yeah, Simeone deserved it.

Reaction score
Robben deserves it. Singlehandedly carried the entire Dutch team to 3rd place. Robben has been the best player at Bayern too since Kroos has left. I'd argue he should have been there over Neuer. If anything, Suarez had a bigger case than Ibrahimovic but that bite ruined it for him. Missed more than half of 2014.
Well i think over here i will agree with you but suarez since joining barca hasn't proved a lot,and the biting incident was a show spoiler for him, i would still think in place of suarez aguero should be supported how well he is just keeping Manchester city title hopes alive.And not to forget World cup is foremost important so we can not neglect Muller and Rodriguez.

Reaction score
Well i think over here i will agree with you but suarez since joining barca hasn't proved a lot,and the biting incident was a show spoiler for him, i would still think in place of suarez aguero should be supported how well he is just keeping Manchester city title hopes alive.And not to forget World cup is foremost important so we can not neglect Muller and Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was the star of a good Colombian team. He just stole the limelight, he was the best but guys like Cuardado were also brilliant. Muller is good but Robbed has a better 2014 overall IMO. Better in Bayern, an equal World Cup in terms of performance.

Aguero could have had a case but he's been too injury prone for the last 2-3 years, barely playing. Otherwise he was as influential as Suarez last season when he was playing.

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Southampton they have been simply amazing this season so far.
Would they qualify for Champions League and try to make an impact over there too?
In my opinion i think they might.

Reaction score
So Torres nets in twice against real Madrid,i think a cheeky defending by Real Madrid and a bit of over-confidence that let them out of Copa Del Ray.But the Big Question arises Simeone who have been superb managing atletico can bring the best in torres,Not to forget at which Mourinho ( The Special One) failed and if he does would it be any worthy for A.C.Milan?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The Chelsea-City match next week may prove to be the deciding factor. Although, a win at Stamford Bridge for City after last night's humiliation seems nearly impossible.

Reaction score
So, Copy Cat, Man City are winning the title? :D
Thanks for the great introduction,btw i think CHELSEA fans should be pessimistic despite losing to Spurs and Newcastle united,secondly Next week will be important if we Snatch a victory at Stamford Bridge then same last years show will begin,
MAN City first,Man UTD second & Third Chelsea.