• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

fooled the invigilator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
when a girl lost a calculator the invegulator herself brought that calculator as an alternative for that girl
so how is it illegal...89% of use this calculator and i read at the statement of entry that only graphical calculator's aren't allowed..so what does calculator do that is considered cheating :S

Reaction score
sniper7137 said:
Oye! Whats wrong with using it to check your work. Its pointless to write the answers via the 991 ES. You won't get the marks. Everyone uses it for checking the work. So anyone who is complaining can screw themselves :)
if u can chk ur answer urself so y do u need an examiner??

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
sniper7137 said:
Oye! Whats wrong with using it to check your work. Its pointless to write the answers via the 991 ES. You won't get the marks. Everyone uses it for checking the work. So anyone who is complaining can screw themselves :)
if u can chk ur answer urself so y do u need an examiner??
gr8 point!

Reaction score
omg !!!!!!!!
y is there a debate over whether 991ES is allowed or not!
im just saying the invigilators dnt give a damn! at least not at my centre! and the prblm arises wen u use ur calculator in a hurry to save time in case u hv little nd dnt show ur working they then check if u had a calculator cud solve quadratic or do calculus otherwise they think u cheated the answers!! so its imp to show ur working!
and @ahmed_t the point here is tht suppose u do ur work nd get a wrong answer due to sum slip of signs. u do the same with calculator then it saves ur marks!! because the calculator will indicate if ur answer is ryt or wrong thts wht "checking" means here!!

Reaction score
im the dumb one? bro....look at the facts everyone here uses that calculator..the statement of entry has no mention of banning it...& ur the only damn one who's against...meaning UR the dumb one...probably u dont use it and thats too bad for u cuz ur the one whose missing out and the rest of us couldnt care less. i mean they are strict about no cheating ->so theres no cheating. they are strict about cell phones -> so there are no cell phone and so conclusively if they were strict about the calculator -> they'd do sth about not lettin people use the calculator, but they dont and any1 who doesnt use it is a dumbass, highly inefficient and having no ability to crosscheck.

Reaction score
once in my math exam my calculator stopped working.. and i used to use the ms calculators...
and then the invigilator brought me the 991 es.. and i had no idea how to use it..
but the point is.. if they had banned it.. invigilators wouldn't keep Extra 991 es calculators. lol

Reaction score
I think it is quite clear...

TOPIC LOCKED

2d7bg2q.jpg

Reaction score
Even-though the topic is locked, I am posting so that the confusion is removed once and for all. This topic has been widely discussed over XPF and I think it should be clear by now. ES and MS series are both allowed in the CIE & Edexcel examinations. The calculators that are not allowed in the examinations are those that have a graphical display or can solve "symbolic" Differentiation and Integrations. The ES and MS series, both just solve such questions numerically. There is no reason why you can't use them and if there was such a problem, CIE would have issued an official report regarding this matter and printed it in the syllabus. I gave an Additional Mathematics paper using FX-991 and wrote the same on the paper and I got a distinction, that proves CIE has no problem with you using 991 ES or MS. What they want is the method of solving the question. In most cases they give the answer themselves, resulting in no use of calculator.

My point is that there is no cheating in using ES series and you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.