• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
computer aided learning uses computer as a learning resource. It does not replaces teacher. It uses computer in the same way as textbooks, students investigates and research using computers. You should check marking scheme of november 2010 p3 q3(a), you can confirm it from there.
Thank you for replying. The marking scheme for may 2008 P3 is wrong then.

Reaction score
Can we use VB2010 or VB.Net in 9691 paper 2 as a high level language to write the codes?

Reaction score
hey guys how do we do this type of questions(where we hav 2 do da program writing)-------->Raul writes a program which will keep a tally of the number of times each letter appears in a
given text. He uses an array of size 26 to store the totals for each letter. He then initialised
each element of the array

Define the array and initialise each element of the array using a high-level
programming language of your choice.
Language...............
Code....................................................................

Reaction score
hey guys how do we do this type of questions(where we hav 2 do da program writing)-------->Raul writes a program which will keep a tally of the number of times each letter appears in a
given text. He uses an array of size 26 to store the totals for each letter. He then initialised
each element of the array

Define the array and initialise each element of the array using a high-level
programming language of your choice.
Language...............
Code....................................................................

In VB 6

Dim letter(26) as integer
For i = 1 to 26
letter (i) = 0
Next

Reaction score
Hi,

Can some one please explain clearly "step into" , "step out" and "step over" and differentiate between them as well.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Each element is initialized to zero..is that what you're asking?
not exactly.....i m thinkin how can i clearly explain2u what i want 2 know.......meanwhile r u givin p2 or have u already gave?do u any type of questions that would be most probable to be asked and know if its gonna be easy or hard cuz in m/j 11 and o/n 11 the gt were abt 50(n i guess dats for tough questions) and paper 1 also it was kinda tough....so since this tym p1 was easy would p2 be easy or hard?got any idea?

Reaction score
Every integer array is initialised as 0 (zero) & every string array is initialised as " " .
Is this what you are asking ?

If you are asking about writing that code as of array, consult this book's page no 35:
http://www.revision-notes.co.cc/2011/06/level-computing-9691-paper-2-notes.html
kind of.....why r dey initialised so?is it cuz dere r rules?i got that one but how do we use what we learn from dere to solve other question umm..lyk m/j 11 23 's 1(f) and 2(b) type questions?u already gave p2?

Reaction score
not exactly.....i m thinkin how can i clearly explain2u what i want 2 know.......meanwhile r u givin p2 or have u already gave?do u any type of questions that would be most probable to be asked and know if its gonna be easy or hard cuz in m/j 11 and o/n 11 the gt were abt 50(n i guess dats for tough questions) and paper 1 also it was kinda tough....so since this tym p1 was easy would p2 be easy or hard?got any idea?

Trace tables, Calculating File size, writing codes in any high level language, those are important. I'm facing the P22 tomorrow too! :)

Best of luck!

Will they let us take the calculator? :unsure:

Questions in 2011 M/J and O/N is not much hard, M/J is kinda hard when compared to O/N.

Reaction score
m also facin p-22 2morro...thnx and same2u.....i dont think calculator is allowed.....could u give me sum tips on writin codes in high level language