• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
kind of.....why r dey initialised so?is it cuz dere r rules?i got that one but how do we use what we learn from dere to solve other question umm..lyk m/j 11 23 's 1(f) and 2(b) type questions?u already gave p2?

I recommend you studying the topic of Array from the book, i gave you link of.
Secondly, arrays are initialised tp ensure that it does not contain data from previous use of program.

Reaction score
Trace tables, Calculating File size, writing codes in any high level language, those are important. I'm facing the P22 tomorrow too! :)

Best of luck!

Will they let us take the calculator? :unsure:

Questions in 2011 M/J and O/N is not much hard, M/J is kinda hard when compared to O/N.

Mine is also tomorrow & note that calculator is not allowed for this paper.

Reaction score
i got that from da mark scheme....i wanted to understand how 2 do them n know lyk what r da each element initialised?

Hey, the book i gave you link of is only of 90 pages. I recommend you to study those 90 pages in this short time. It's awesome man !

Reaction score
Hey, the book i gave you link of is only of 90 pages. I recommend you to study those 90 pages in this short time. It's awesome man !
i did get that abt 1 or 2 days ago.........which chapter do u think will make be able 2 do the writin code part?

Reaction score
i did get that abt 1 or 2 days ago.........which chapter do u think will make be able 2 do the writin code part?

yar, try to do prepare main chapters ! Do 2,3 questions of Array from marks Scheme & you will be able to understand how to write the code..

Reaction score
I'm just scared the paper will not be same as 2011 papers cause even the last paper I did (paper 12) was in a different way, you guys better prepare for anything!

Reaction score
I'm just scared the paper will not be same as 2011 papers cause even the last paper I did (paper 12) was in a different way, you guys better prepare for anything!
dude don scare me....what do u mean it was different?

Reaction score
I mean, take a look at the 2011 specimen paper. There were questions on arrays and stuff on all 2011 papers, I was so prepared for arrays but there was no questions on arrays. :(
I didn't mean to scare you :) I just hope the paper will be better..

Are you doing AS? In AS to get an A for computing, you should get marks above 50 for both papers, right?

Reaction score
not me...r dere specimen questions of year 2012?

Not for 2012, only 2011

Dude you better take a look at the 2011 specimen paper, the questions will be prepared in that order, do not waste time on papers before 2011

Reaction score
I mean, take a look at the 2011 specimen paper. There were questions on arrays and stuff on all 2011 papers, I was so prepared for arrays but there was no questions on arrays. :(
I didn't mean to scare you :) I just hope the paper will be better..

Are you doing AS? In AS to get an A for computing, you should get marks above 50 for both papers, right?
yea m doin AS. wat bout u?i guess went p1 was pretty good but i think the gt for p1 i s gonna be all time high....its p2 dat makes da difference and its p2 dat i dont know...........

Reaction score
yea m doin AS. wat bout u?i guess went p1 was pretty good but i think the gt for p1 i s gonna be all time high....its p2 dat makes da difference and its p2 dat i dont know...........

High means? above 60?

Im doing AS too.

Reaction score
High means? above 60?

Im doing AS too.
ya...mayb...u said u also gave AS so havent u already given p1?i gave 12....which 1 did u give?umm.....hardest?not hard but i didnt give proper answer to ocr and omr

Reaction score
ya...mayb...u said u also gave AS so havent u already given p1?i gave 12....which 1 did u give?umm.....hardest?not hard but i didnt give proper answer to ocr and omr

I did paper 12 too..

haha me too man...I didn't write a sensible answer for OCR and OMR. And I face palmed myself for hours because I got the NOR gate wrong :( I have mixed it up with the NOT gate. so 6 marks not sure..:mad:

Reaction score
I did paper 12 too..

haha me too man...I didn't write a sensible answer for OCR and OMR. And I face palmed myself for hours because I got the NOR gate wrong :( I have mixed it up with the NOT gate. so 6 marks not sure..:mad:
oh....but luks lyk u r gud at p-2....aren't u?r u able 2 solve p2 past papers easily?