• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Cat

Reaction score
This one works at least :) Simple complicated IF formula :)

So in cell E4 you enter the formula

and in cell F4 you enter

Thank you ssssoooooo MUCH! I was breaking my head over the formulas in this part! :D
Honestly this paper was the toughest! :/

Reaction score
HEY Xenon ..can u tell me what we actually do in the word processing part????? search the internet for info????????

Reaction score
I've attached a file, hopefully you'll understand :)

for questions like this remember you must fulfill this requirements and this will fetch you easy 8 marks
"Practical skills – Maximum 8 marks
These practical skills will only be awarded marks if there are more than 100 words present.
Word processed document with:
• consistent line/paragraph spacing
• appropriate margins
• suitable font styles
• suitable font sizes (>10 and <15)
• correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
• <300 words
• single page
• appropriate title
1 mark for each item – [Max 8]"

I don't know if you are allowed to search internet, maybe it varies from centre to centre, I don't know actually... the best way to tackle this is to go through the CIE book properly and gasp topics like database, field types, verification,validation, testing, widows, orphans and some other theoretical things that have relation with the practical part

good luck for your exam...
got it!!!!!

Reaction score
xenon...can u plz tell me wat we have to do in word processing in m/j 2011

Reaction score
xenon...can u plz tell me wat we have to do in word processing in m/j 2011
the question asks to evaluate the information in the websites and if I'm correct, this thing is quite close to website evaluation
again, the book has a well written chapter (actually part of chapter)... read that and look for the criteria mentioned there in the website... obviously not all of the points will apply
you can check the online pages over here as well where website and information evaluation is described well:
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/educationupclose.phtml/10
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Evaluate.html

http://www.surfnetkids.com/go/safety/457/things-to-consider-when-evaluating-information/
http://guides.library.jhu.edu/evaluatinginformation

Reaction score
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tutorials or can explain me how to make/create a macros? Thank you..
this video should help you:
remember, once you start recording marco (or when the macro is recording), everything you do will be recorded and that includes all the things you type, click and the keyboard keys and shortcuts you use

Reactions: Cat
Reaction score
thnks 4 this but could u give me the soure i mean the start files tht come with book .

Reaction score
What do you mean by the "start files" ?? The Zip file Xenon sent has all the "start files" I can think of...For example open chapter 11, and you got all the excel files.. If its not what you looked for, specify more detailed.

Reaction score
What do you mean by the "start files" ?? The Zip file Xenon sent has all the "start files" I can think of...For example open chapter 11, and you got all the excel files.. If its not what you looked for, specify more detailed.
opps it hink i did get wht i wanted.thnks neways.
but thanks you Xenon once again.

Reaction score
Its not a very sensible question to ask :p
How do you change the dollar sign to pounds sign in access while ur doing the report or quary ?

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me how to create charts in different ways in excel ? Like after importing from access to excel and then you usually get questions in the past papers.. like those ? Basically, can anyone just explain me whats there on page number 232 to 236 in our Applied ICT text book ? Can you do the tasks and activities ? Pleasseeeeeeeee !!

Reaction score
Its not a very sensible question to ask :p
How do you change the dollar sign to pounds sign in access while ur doing the report or quary ?

Go to control panel and find "Region and Language" change the place to United Kingdom or ur desired one. And then automatically in query u click in the currency its changes.