• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey can anyone show me how to make the graph in specimen paper 2008.........plz .............i am stuck there..........

Attachments

• 9713_y08_sp_2_4.pdf
    108.2 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Hey guys i will be doing AICT practicals in a few days..almost done with the past papers
But i would like to know if u guys tell any functions that are helpful and should know them..like i was new to the HLOOKUP function then i understood it.. Any information would be helpful ! and is it fine if we do the pastpapers from 2008-2011

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with point number #13 .. i need the explanation helpp !!!(you can directly start with point #13 no need to start from the beginning) And here's the supporting files of AS AICT November 2011 with the question paper.

Attachments

• 9713_w11_sf_2.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 9713_w11_qp_2.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with point number #13 .. i need the explanation helpp !!!(you can directly start with point #13 no need to start from the beginning) And here's the supporting files of AS AICT November 2011 with the question paper.
This one works at least :) Simple complicated IF formula :)

So in cell E4 you enter the formula
=IF((F3+H3) > 59, E3 + G3 + 1, E3 + G3)
and in cell F4 you enter
=IF((F3 + H3) > 59, F3 + H3 - 60, F3 + H3)
(See if all of the columns & rows match and if not, I believe you can see what you need to change :)

ps. For some reason I couldn't manage question 9 :/ could you send a screenshot of the table & formulae. Thanks :)

Attachments

• XtremePapersExcel.png
    XtremePapersExcel.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
There you go..its pretty hard thoughh..honestly 2011 has all new formulas and format !!

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    175.3 KB · Views: 37
Reaction score
uhm... what do you mean with "new formulas"... I hope I can do everything using the 2003 version since my school doesnt even have 2007 even installed!

Reaction score
By new formulas i meant that was the formulas used in session 2011 werent the same as the old sessions. Like for example Value(well i used value in some other session but cant remember) and the HLOOKUP function

Reaction score
hey can anyone show me how to make the graph in specimen paper 2008.........plz .............i am stuck there..........

check the word document... I've shown here how to create the graph in access
alternatively you can do it in excel.... for that you'll need to export the query performed in excel... you might also be required to create a new table using countif and sumifs (if you are not sure how to create the organize the in excel, see the document forum graph(may2008))

hope it solves your problem

Attachments

• graph_forum.docx
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • forum graph(may2008).docx
    861.6 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
check the word document... I've shown here how to create the graph in access
alternatively you can do it in excel.... for that you'll need to export the query performed in excel... you might also be required to create a new table using countif and sumifs (if you are not sure how to create the organize the in excel, see the document forum graph(may2008))

hope it solves your problem

thank u so much!!!!!!!!!! BTW how did you know which table to use.........and the fields required???? and the graph shown in the markscheme is kinda different..................

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Xenon, do you have/know any relevant websites or ebooks containing the materials/tutorial/guidance for Applied ICT 9713? Thanks..

Reaction score
I have a doubt in this question paper that i have attached, i checked through the marking scheme but still didn't understand.

How do we do this question :
Q8) Add to this extract a new field called Days which is calculated at run time. This must calculate
the number of whole days for each of these holidays.

-About the last question which is question number 30.
Do we have to use the internet to search ? and can anyone give some ideas how such kind of questions can be done ?

HELP I HAVE MY EXAM ON SUNDAY !!! :O:

Hey man i know ur question is solved but i wanted to know how as ur exam..i believe u gave AS AICT??Help us out and can u please tell us what questions came and how was the format?

Reaction score
Xenon, do you have/know any relevant websites or ebooks containing the materials/tutorial/guidance for Applied ICT 9713? Thanks..

Mostly I used the CIE endorsed book for both theory and practical. I also went through all the past papers to prepare for the practical exam and also did some experiments, like working with some unknown functions in excel...
as for on-line resource, these might help you:
http://www.excel-examples.com/00-excel-functions-sitemap.htm

http://www.alevelict.info/topics/index.html

http://www.igcseict.info/

Reaction score
and the graph shown in the markscheme is kinda different..................
the graph given in mark scheme is wrong, the question asked for branch code greater than 4, Vellore's branch code is 3

Reaction score
hey ! can anybody help me in mj2011
step 14
Add to this extract a new field called Ave_Price
This is calculated at run-time and works out, for each album, the average of the three
prices. Format this numeric field as currency, in pounds (£) with 2 decimal places.
in this how we gonna find avg of all the three prices

Reaction score
and in oct nov 2009 step 27
In cell C2, enter a formula to add the total number of minutes late for each airline. Only
include flights that were more than 10 minutes late. You may need to add extra column/s to
your sheet/s to do this.
(formula???))