• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have a doubt in this question paper that i have attached, i checked through the marking scheme but still didn't understand.

How do we do this question :
Q8) Add to this extract a new field called Days which is calculated at run time. This must calculate
the number of whole days for each of these holidays.

-About the last question which is question number 30.
Do we have to use the internet to search ? and can anyone give some ideas how such kind of questions can be done ?

HELP I HAVE MY EXAM ON SUNDAY !!! :O:

Attachments

• 9713_s09_qp_2.pdf
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
student11 said:
I have a doubt in this question paper that i have attached, i checked through the marking scheme but still didn't understand.

How do we do this question :
Q8) Add to this extract a new field called Days which is calculated at run time. This must calculate
the number of whole days for each of these holidays.

-About the last question which is question number 30.
Do we have to use the internet to search ? and can anyone give some ideas how such kind of questions can be done ?

HELP I HAVE MY EXAM ON SUNDAY !!! :O:

hold on for few moments...

Reaction score
I've attached a file, hopefully you'll understand :)

for questions like this remember you must fulfill this requirements and this will fetch you easy 8 marks
"Practical skills – Maximum 8 marks
These practical skills will only be awarded marks if there are more than 100 words present.
Word processed document with:
• consistent line/paragraph spacing
• appropriate margins
• suitable font styles
• suitable font sizes (>10 and <15)
• correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
• <300 words
• single page
• appropriate title
1 mark for each item – [Max 8]"

I don't know if you are allowed to search internet, maybe it varies from centre to centre, I don't know actually... the best way to tackle this is to go through the CIE book properly and gasp topics like database, field types, verification,validation, testing, widows, orphans and some other theoretical things that have relation with the practical part

good luck for your exam...

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 195
Reaction score
Ummm... :S
i did that but then when i run it, its not coming up in the Datasheet view ?? :(

Reaction score
Ah!!.. hmm.. show me your query in design view (attach print screen of your work)

Reaction score
There you go i've attched !
And btw we havn't done anything such as INT function in access..
Or maybe thats the only way to do it.
i dont knowww !!! :unknown:

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    335.4 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
the Days field is empty because the HDate field is empty I guess... now I wonder, why is the HDate field empty.. anyways, I'm attaching my file (may take a bit time 'cause I'm having problem with my connection)

Reaction score
the Days field is empty because the HDate field is empty I guess... now I wonder, why is the HDate field empty.. anyways, I'm attaching my file (may take a bit time 'cause I'm having problem with my connection)

Reaction score
Ohhh alright.. i'll be waiting..
i might have went wrong somewhere :$
Btw thank you so much for taking this trouble. :)

Reaction score
ok done.. I'll suggest you to go through your own tables, there might be something wrong over there.. or better, start from scratch

Attachments

• forum.rar
    26.3 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...
i just realised my mistake :$
You knw when we are importing the file we do all the changes and all..
i didnt change the DMY thing and went on doing the steps and when i get the Error table i just delete it and carry on..
Thats what i had been doing all this while and just now i did from the beginning and realised why all my data wasnt coming.

Btw what are studying ? As-level ?

Reaction score
i dont know if you would reply this or not..
Do you how to do question number 13 ? What do i type in the criteria ?

Reaction score
hi man, did you do number 10, 11, 12
in the case you did, you will have all the fields required for the report in 13.. all you will have to do now is to arrange them manually and yes it will take time
go back to the query done in 11/12
open it in design view
under the tab "Query Type", you'll see an option "Make Table". Select the option and save your query.. you'll see an exclamatory kind mark will appear. Now with the query closed, double click on it, a msg will be shown saying something like do you use create a table and select yes. After this a new table will be created.
Now, go to "Create" and then "Report Design" . there you'll see under Tools the option, Add Existing Field. Then click Show tables.. this will show you all the tables in your database. Drag and drop your required fields in the report under the "Detail" area. Align them according to the format in question. Now add the title under the "Page Header" area. If you do not see this, right click and select the page header option