• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Notes + Tips + Queries

Reaction score
Private sub cmdlogin_click()
Adosecurity.recordset.movefirst. <----- error here
Adosecurity.recordset.find "username= ',& txtusername & "',
If Not adosecurity.recordset.EOF then
If txtusername.Text <> txtName.Text Then
msgBOx "Username does Nor exist. " , vbCritical , "error Message
Else
If txtpassword.Text <> adosecurity.recordset.fields ("password") then
Msgbox "incorrect password ," ' vbExclamation , "invalid password"

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be giving the paper 3 of Computer studies which is alternative to project. Please tell me how to go about it and any past papers? Thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be giving the paper 3 of Computer studies which is alternative to project. Please tell me how to go about it and any past papers? Thanks
Hullo

You should prepare all the points from the syllabus. Understand how to write algortihms, design a web page. Do past papers, and know the general inputs/processes/outputs for writing a flowchart. Get the general feel of the scenarios presented in papers. From the syllabus, do section 2 and 6.

Reaction score
ATC will require nothing but basic understanding of SDLC. Past papers practice alone can give you an A in ATC easily.
I recommend the Cambridge Course-book for o level computer and by my experience that is the book which looks like the only book written for O level Computer Studies. No matter how much your highly-experienced teachers and seniors tell you that stephen doyle's book is best, don't listen to them. I have studied both. Without it i wont be having an A* in computer.

Reaction score
can anyone guide me abt the sources for computer studies???? I shall be very thankful to tht person

Reaction score
How far is ICT (IGCSE) and Computer Studies (O-Level) similar?
They are quite different. There are some areas of similarity but generally, they are completely different subjects. One deals with the outlines and usage of computers while the other deals with the depths of the components and the working of computers.

Reaction score
They are quite different. There are some areas of similarity but generally, they are completely different subjects. One deals with the outlines and usage of computers while the other deals with the depths of the components and the working of computers.

So, Computer studies is more difficult?

Reaction score
people i will be appearing in 2014 and the thing is my sir has somehow encouraged me to give the atp for computers which apparently started only a few years ago.... or last yr but no i need to see the cie past paper(s) and that i can not find so if anyone could be kind enough to upload it when they do come across it thanks :)