• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Notes + Tips + Queries

Reaction score
people i will be appearing in 2014 and the thing is my sir has somehow encouraged me to give the atp for computers which apparently started only a few years ago.... or last yr but no i need to see the cie past paper(s) and that i can not find so if anyone could be kind enough to upload it when they do come across it thanks :)
ATC is not a bad option. In fact, if you don't want to pursue Computer Studies in the future then it's the best option available (since you don't have to go through the hassles of the project).

Here is the specimen question paper:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Computer Studies (7010)/7010_y11_sp_3.pdf

Here is the specimen marking scheme:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Computer Studies (7010)/7010_y11_sm_3.pdf

Reaction score
ATC is not a bad option. In fact, if you don't want to pursue Computer Studies in the future then it's the best option available (since you don't have to go through the hassles of the project).

Here is the specimen question paper:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Computer Studies (7010)/7010_y11_sp_3.pdf

Here is the specimen marking scheme:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Computer Studies (7010)/7010_y11_sm_3.pdf

thank u and thank u but the prob is i shall be opting for computers in the future and my sir well he just wont lemme do my project!!!

Reaction score
thank u and thank u but the prob is i shall be opting for computers in the future and my sir well he just wont lemme do my project!!!
It's not such a big issue. I'm taking Computing in A'level and believe me, it's not much of a problem (I did not opt for project in O'level). The project for A'level is much like the O'level project, yes, but it is a little more complex and requires a more enhanced and mature piece of work and you get ample amount of time to complete the project (you can take 2 years if you want) so it will not be much of issue even if you want to pursue the subject in the future.

Reaction score
It's not such a big issue. I'm taking Computing in A'level and believe me, it's not much of a problem (I did not opt for project in O'level). The project for A'level is much like the O'level project, yes, but it is a little more complex and requires a more enhanced and mature piece of work and you get ample amount of time to complete the project (you can take 2 years if you want) so it will not be much of issue even if you want to pursue the subject in the future.

that was really helpful and i started to feel very responsible BUT THEN i looked to my left and saw this ADORABLE panda :*

Reaction score
Hey guys, can u tell me that about system flow charts and how to make them with an example, like F part of this paper.

Attachments

• 7010_w12_qp_32.pdf
    285 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
guys i need help regarding programming(olevels)...l have that cambridge endorsed book but l find it too hard???:unsure:
:unsure:

Reaction score
I cannot seem to understand the chapter Logic Gates and Truth Tables. Can someone please help me with this? Reply urgently as I have an exam on Computer Studies on Tuesday.

Reaction score
How should i prepare for Computer studies, from scratch, in a month or two?
And please tell me the books i should used. And tips would be helpful.

Reaction score
How should i prepare for Computer studies, from scratch, in a month or two?
And please tell me the books i should used. And tips would be helpful.
Computer Studies is a piece of cake, if u know the syllabus material really good and u have understood it completely, then it is a piece of cake. also if u can imagine a wide base of scenarios like vast examples for a question, then also it will be really easy
yes it is possible to prepare it from scratch in a month or two without tuition if u really are willing to take it
the book u shud use is the
'Information Systems for you; 4th Edition' by Stephen Doyle
this book will help u cover the entire syllabus
when giving the exam, make sure to confirm from ur school that u give paper 1 and paper 3. paper 2 is like a project and 'dumping' that wud be better. the advan of this is that paper 1 and paper 2 are very similar
make sure to read the book very carefully
u can find some good notes on xpc that will really help u, i have uploaded 2 files that have notes based on the marking scheme
the advantage of computer studies is that there is no practical. however p1 tends to contain some questions based on a practical assessment
and most importantly, solve as many past papers as possible. Computer studies is like the ATP of chemistry, as many past papers u solve, the stronger ur base becomes
hope this helps

Attachments

• part 2.pdf
    210.5 KB · Views: 25
  • part 3.pdf
    127.7 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Computer Studies is a piece of cake, if u know the syllabus material really good and u have understood it completely, then it is a piece of cake. also if u can imagine a wide base of scenarios like vast examples for a question, then also it will be really easy
yes it is possible to prepare it from scratch in a month or two without tuition if u really are willing to take it
the book u shud use is the
'Information Systems for you; 4th Edition' by Stephen Doyle
this book will help u cover the entire syllabus
when giving the exam, make sure to confirm from ur school that u give paper 1 and paper 3. paper 2 is like a project and 'dumping' that wud be better. the advan of this is that paper 1 and paper 2 are very similar
make sure to read the book very carefully
u can find some good notes on xpc that will really help u, i have uploaded 2 files that have notes based on the marking scheme
the advantage of computer studies is that there is no practical. however p1 tends to contain some questions based on a practical assessment
and most importantly, solve as many past papers as possible. Computer studies is like the ATP of chemistry, as many past papers u solve, the stronger ur base becomes
hope this helps

Yeah, i was planning to take ICT, but that has practicals and stuff.
Apparently Computer studies doesn't. That's good.

And how much time should i give it? Like should i study it daily or something?

Reaction score
Yeah, i was planning to take ICT, but that has practicals and stuff.
Apparently Computer studies doesn't. That's good.

And how much time should i give it? Like should i study it daily or something?
i have heard u are appearing for 6 novel subs
so a chapter a day will do
it is really simple
most of the stuff are general and the chapters are really small
2 chapters a day can also be done with gaps in between

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

The very tough journey has now come to an end.

www.studyresourcecentre.in is a platform where you can find all valuable and helpful notes for Cambridge University Examinations.Presently it has a variety of study materials for the Cambrdige IGCSE/O levels and International AS and A levels. The very difficult task of searching for unnecessary notes and wasting your time has now ended.Now you get the opportunity to download as many materials as you want as we have taken years to gather these resources just for you, download at one click and the best of all is it’s files highlighted in RED. Mystudyresource centre includes various Solved past papers,Typed notes,Courseworks,Projects,Case study answers,Long essays,crosswords,ppts and more….

It’s of immense joy to announce you that our website has been launched today.So,so you can share our website to your friends and colleagues and help them because “Sharing is caring”.A very happy New Year in advance.Happy 2014. So what are you waiting for?? Click: www.studyresourcecentre.in

--Parth Mehta--

Reaction score
i have heard u are appearing for 6 novel subs
so a chapter a day will do
it is really simple
most of the stuff are general and the chapters are really small
2 chapters a day can also be done with gaps in between

And what is the minimum time the course can be covered in?

Reaction score
And what is the minimum time the course can be covered in?
depends on the person
i for one find it really easy, there might be someone suffering from it
however, i think u can cover it in a month easily but with a devotion of some extra time from ur free time

Reaction score
Input Data
1.The customer account number and branch code are printed on the bottom of bank's cheque.
a) Name an item of data that must be typed in magnetic ink on each cheque before it is processed.
b) Give one advantage of using magnetic ink character recognition as an input method to input the data on the cheques.

Social Impacts
2. Explain why the staff using terminals might be concerend about the effects on their health. Give two reasons why they might be worried.

System Design
3. A feasibilty report has been accepted by a company.
(a) Describe two items that would be stated in the fesibility report.

4. A systems analyyst has to investigate an existing system in detail to find out how it works. Describe two methods of fact-finding that should be used.

5. Several years ago the owner of a
small shop bought a computer
system. The owner did not ask a
systems analyst for advice and,
when the business increased, the
computer system became
unsuitable .
(a) The owner has now consulted
a systems analyst. Give a reason
why the systems analyst will do
a feasibility study.

A company needs a new software