• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score

Attachments

• 2 and 9.jpg
    2 and 9.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 29 and 37.jpg
    29 and 37.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Electron distribution is usually uniform. At one point, spontaneously, an accumulation happens.
The possibilty of that happening is very less.
So when that accumulation happens, Van der Walls are created. And it increases bp and mp.
If the chance is less, how is it that bp and mp are constant?

awesomaholic101
Outta ma mind what is this?? xD

Reaction score
29) A B C are correct, so D will be wrong.. (D just has one EZ cis trans in the middle)
27) Initiation step involves homolytic bond fission. So 1-chloropropane can take places of 6 hydrogen atom and 2-chloropropane can take only of 2. so ratio is 6 : 2 i.e 3 : 1

Reaction score
29) A B C are correct, so D will be wrong.. (D just has one EZ cis trans in the middle)
27) Initiation step involves homolytic bond fission. So 1-chloropropane can take places of 6 hydrogen atom and 2-chloropropane can take only of 2. so ratio is 6 : 2 i.e 3 : 1
got it (y)

Reaction score
I solved this somewhere... I dont remember scroll pages back or type question paper in search and press cntrl F and type 34 and then 36. :)

Reaction score
Electron distribution is usually uniform. At one point, spontaneously, an accumulation happens.
So when that accumulation happens, Van der Walls are created. And it increases bp and mp.

awesomaholic101

Honestly, i had to read that thrice to get it coz you know, exam mode and all. :p :cool: Interesting, though.
I am assuming that this should just be another "assumption" we make for ease and for study purposes (for example, not all the weight of an object actually acts at the centre of mass) OR that in a huge number of molecules, some or the other molecules must be having a charge so then that is induced to other molecules.
If you find anything about it, let me know. (y)

Reaction score

awesomaholic101
and btw i didnt get an alert for the tag. :-| how?