• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how does Nitrogen have only 1 lone pair? :/

Look... There are total 7 electrons in the other shell...so it donates two pairs of electrons to sulfur present on both the sides... Remaining are 3 .. Lone pair means it should be 2 electrons, right? So therefore now ONE lone pair is present...althoug there's one more electron left...I hope I found some sense..

Reaction score
Look... There are total 7 electrons in the other shell...so it donates two pairs of electrons to sulfur present on both the sides... Remaining are 3 .. Lone pair means it should be 2 electrons, right? So therefore now ONE lone pair is present...althoug there's one more electron left...I hope I found some sense..

I think you meant 5 outer electrons, and it donates 1 each to the sulfur on both sides. Leaving 3 left. :)

Reaction score
how do we know which chloride reacts and which dissolves? :/ and ii why can't it be redox
Well our teacher gave us the table showing which Chlorides reacts and which dissolves
All Basic compounds dissolved in waters forming free ions in this case Na+ & Cl-
While all others dissolves
And the last question I dunno sorry.

Reaction score
that means all basic compounds will dissolve while others will react right?

What is the difference between Structural/ displayed/ skeletal formula for a Cyclic compound such as benzene?

Reaction score
View attachment 51450
How come its C ?? ( I choose A)
In A it's propane and the reactions will continue till conditions are maintained so you may get 1-chloropropane or 2-chloropropane.(Keep this in mind if we have no other better options we will go with this)
In B,C & D you can eliminate B & D since it is dilute you have less chances of getting more yield you are left with C & A.
With C & A you will get same amount of yield according to me but you have a greater chance of obtaining a same product with C.so the ans is C

Reaction score
yes. I didn't get why u multiplied the moles of H2 by 2?

Initially, they are adding 1 mol each of H2O and CO, yea? And the initial no. of moles of products is 0. That is a total of 2 moles.
You must know that, whatever the position of equilibrium, the total no. of moles in this case is 2 as the ratio of products to reactants is 1:1, according to the given balanced equation.

Now, given that, at equilibrium, 33.3% of the total moles (2) is H2 (we can take volume as moles as all are gases) ...
n(H2) = 33/100 * 2 = 0.666

Then comes the rest of the calculations. :)

Last edited: