• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 3 IGCSE Oct.Nov. 2013 Discussion

Hows is your preparation? and how was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
okay here goes,
equations for contact process, all acid base equations, half equations for electrolysis, the combustion of an alcohol, zinc extraction equations, this isn't really equations but know how to derive a monomer from a polymer like propene from polypropene (might seem rediculously easy but they put like polypheylethene or something like that in mine so learn it, Mine only tested on addition polymers for deriving a monomer.)
ALSO IMPORTANT, all those hydrogenation and hydration of alkenes and cracking etc general formulae.............. REMEMBER THEM

Reaction score
Lanocaster best of luck for your paper :D
And you too qasimnisar2121 :D
Same to you MadaraYash :)
My school is in Mumbai too!

I mean i worked quite fast fearing that i won't finish the paper, but i completed almost all of my answers and there was still 20 minutes left!
That happens with me too! I usually finish with enough time to check the paper 2-3 times and 5 minutes remaining after that (English is an exception)

Reaction score
HEhe, sure (i feel so rebel)

well there was a couple.
Overall the paper was on isotopes (like the first question) bonding, a little about zinc extraction (and the Electrolysis of zinc as well... but you do really need to study anything for that you just apply normal electrolysis stuff...) and organic (cracking, isomers, hydrolysis of proteins adn more i sorta forgot......... oh yeah and how to draw polymers i.e. in my paper there were two questions on polymer drawing), , only a tiny bit of moles (finding the maximium mass of a product given the mass of the reactent) and a tiny bit about electrolysis. In mine there were no electrochemical cells... There also was a six mark question on just describing the contact process (FREE MARKS!!!:ROFLMAO::D:LOL:)

i also did variant 33 what was you answer for the mol question