• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 3 IGCSE Oct.Nov. 2013 Discussion

Hows is your preparation? and how was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Guys, temme the answers what you guys wrote? :)
Which form the covalent molecules, in the first question? I don't remember.​
What did you you write the answer for how photochromic glass works? It's a reversible reaction.​
Why is ammonia based something is used, though it expensive? Because it requires less electricity and more yield​
About the charcoal & coke thing? Charcoal has less carbon​
Which metals don't react with acid & how can we experiment & show & which metal forms purple/pink solution & when zinc used, what will be observed? Managanate; turns colourless​
Why is there's different concentration of AgNo3 & potassium dichromate used? Because two moles of AgNO3 react with 1 mole of potassium dichromate​
What will happen when transition metal oxidation isn't written? you cannot write the correct formula​
What was the name of reaction when glucose changed to starch? condensation polymerisation​
What was the ester, unsaturated or saturated? saturated​

-I don't remember what I wrote for this one :p
-Yeah I wrote the same thing and explained why it goes dark in sunlight.
-For this one I said that electricity is expensive & smthing about energy saving.
-Same.
-I don't remember.
-Same.
-Same+transition metals have more than one oxidation states.
-Same
- It was unsaturated because it didn't have the maximum number of hydrogens :p

Reaction score
its
i got 0.664 grams too :) its right i think..also 32 variant what was the answer for the agcl question..the sunglasses one.
1.32 g 0.004 moles of Agno3 then multiply it with 2 cox it was 2 moles of agno3 0.008 then moles of k2cr2o7 divide by2 0.004 multiply by 332g given in the qstn da answr is 1.32

Reaction score
its
1.32 g 0.004 moles of Agno3 then multiply it with 2 cox it was 2 moles of agno3 0.008 then moles of k2cr2o7 divide by2 0.004 multiply by 332g given in the qstn da answr is 1.32
so the answer for me is 0.664, i cross-checked my answers with 25 more people after the exam and reliable sources, so i guess i am right on this one ! :)

Reaction score
Hey what was the answer for the question about difficulty faced due to unknown oxidation state? I wrote that we wouldn't know the concentration of compounds required for reaction. I know it's wrong but can someone tell me the correct answer?