• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 3 IGCSE Oct.Nov. 2013 Discussion

Hows is your preparation? and how was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
alright, I'm waiting. :)

ok so it will be based on the same principals of finding the half lives... but this time we have to find the whole age instead of half lives so its more easy!! we will just look at the decaying half life of carbon 14, the units of skeleton have no importance here so , so the half life of carbon 14 to decay is 5730 years.... and we know that to find the HALF LIVES we divide the total years by three... so here as we have to find the TOTAL years by half live.... we will multiply 5730 by 3 , and we will get the age of that skeleton 17,190 years! :) which is actually equals to 3-half lives of carbon-14 ! :)

Reaction score
hahahahahahaha, still.
Buh, anyway Jazak'Allah! And, I knew that with 3 we can get the answer, buh don't know from where 3 comes. :(

Reaction score
Guys, temme the answers what you guys wrote? :)
Which form the covalent molecules, in the first question? I don't remember.​
What did you you write the answer for how photochromic glass works? It's a reversible reaction.​
Why is ammonia based something is used, though it expensive? Because it requires less electricity and more yield​
About the charcoal & coke thing? Charcoal has less carbon​
Which metals don't react with acid & how can we experiment & show & which metal forms purple/pink solution & when zinc used, what will be observed? Managanate; turns colourless​
Why is there's different concentration of AgNo3 & potassium dichromate used? Because two moles of AgNO3 react with 1 mole of potassium dichromate​
What will happen when transition metal oxidation isn't written? you cannot write the correct formula​
What was the name of reaction when glucose changed to starch? condensation polymerisation​
What was the ester, unsaturated or saturated? saturated​

Reaction score
hahahahahahaha, still.
Buh, anyway Jazak'Allah! And, I knew that with 3 we can get the answer, buh don't know from where 3 comes. :(

haha!! :p well actually in our variant 31 radioactivity doesnt comes... it comes in multiple choice!! :) so dont need to worry! :)

Reaction score
i got 0.664 grams too :) its right i think..also 32 variant what was the answer for the agcl question..the sunglasses one.

Reaction score
hey guys the paper was so long.....i was writting till the last second !!!:( and i also got 0.664 :)...anyways what was the answer for the metal which turns pink solution something ???

Reaction score
which question r u asking about?
the question which said chose metals from the above list, i cant remeber the exact question number but you just had to choose some metals and answer some questions...btw what did u get ?? i wrote manganese because it was the only transition element and from my knowledge it forms many colored compounds as it has many oxidation numbers..

Reaction score
the question which said chose metals from the above list, i cant remeber the exact question number but you just had to choose some metals and answer some questions...btw what did u get ?? i wrote manganese because it was the only transition element and from my knowledge it forms many colored compounds as it has many oxidation numbers..

yesss me2 i wrote "Mn" because it's a strong oxidising agent,, so it will change to colourless (y)

Reaction score
Guys, temme the answers what you guys wrote? :)
Which form the covalent molecules, in the first question?​
What did you you write the answer for how photochromic glass works?​
Why is ammonia based something is used, though it expensive?​
About the charcoal & coke thing?​
Which metals don't react with acid & how can we experiment & show & which metal forms purple/pink solution & when zinc used, what will be observed?​
Why is there's different concentration of AgNo3 & potassium dichromate used?​
What will happen when transition metal oxidation isn't written?​
What was the name of reaction when glucose changed to starch?​
What was the ester, unsaturated or saturated?​

1:It was E and D Cox Covalent Molecules Are not able to conduct electricity either in aq or solid.
2:It was like a tough one u can gain the first mark by stating that it is a photochemical process the other two marks are like silver is reduced cucl is oxidised to cucl2 sumthin like dat now lets hope examiner thinks its correct :)
3:Electric arc process needs a lot of electricity it is expenisve.
4:I wrote it like vague one charcoal low ash content made of wood coke is from coal when burns produces co2 and other harmful gases while charcoal emits less harmful gases/
5:i diidnt see this qstn in tha papr.?
6:i didnt kknew that i wrote just like for fair exp
7:difficulty in wrting the formual of its compound difficluty in predicting its chemical properties.
8:Hydrolysis
9:it was saturated i wrote unsaturated...God Know Why? :eek:

Reaction score
1:It was E and D Cox Covalent Molecules Are not able to conduct electricity either in aq or solid.
2:It was like a tough one u can gain the first mark by stating that it is a photochemical process the other two marks are like silver is reduced cucl is oxidised to cucl2 sumthin like dat now lets hope examiner thinks its correct :)
3:Electric arc process needs a lot of electricity it is expenisve.
4:I wrote it like vague one charcoal low ash content made of wood coke is from coal when burns produces co2 and other harmful gases while charcoal emits less harmful gases/
5:i diidnt see this qstn in tha papr.?
6:i didnt kknew that i wrote just like for fair exp
7:difficulty in wrting the formual of its compound difficluty in predicting its chemical properties.
8:Hydrolysis
9:it was saturated i wrote unsaturated...God Know Why? :eek:

what?? i think that the reaction from glucose to starch is a condensation polymerisation reaction :confused: