• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM P42 GT and paper discussion

What do you think the GT will be ?

• very High (75+)

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • high (70-75)

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • medium 65-

Votes: 48 40.7%
  • low (60-65)

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
is question ma 2 baar functional groups ka pucha tha??i forgot
nope yar first he asked which group gave the iodoform test. then asked which of the ISOMERS gave the positive test. Allah ka shukar hae i will get 96-98 or even 99 due to ecf in the explaination in the chem paper and even with a gt in the 68 you just ned to get 90+ to be considered full so cheers :D :D :D

Reaction score
nope yar first he asked which group gave the iodoform test. then asked which of the ISOMERS gave the positive test. Allah ka shukar hae i will get 96-98 or even 99 due to ecf in the explaination in the chem paper and even with a gt in the 68 you just ned to get 90+ to be considered full so cheers :D :D :D
I may get 91..92

Reaction score
The argument about the E° value is simple.
  • The more negative the E° value, the further the equilibrium lies to the left - the more readily the element loses electrons and forms ions.

Reaction score
my coachng sir gave them too me i have like 2007 onwards all of them they are so easy i am gona ace them (Y)
can u plz post them or smthn like tht? it wud be really helpful
The argument about the E° value is simple.
  • The more negative the E° value, the further the equilibrium lies to the left - the more readily the element loses electrons and forms ions.
i wish i had known this earlier......

Reaction score
CAN anyone tell me the answer with refrence to the 5 mark transition elements qs?!
as nh3 was added to cucl4. 3 colour changes and ions responsible for them?

Reaction score
Ppl what was the answer for properties of separation by paper chromatography and electrophoresis question ??

Reaction score
CAN anyone tell me the answer with refrence to the 5 mark transition elements qs?!
as nh3 was added to cucl4. 3 colour changes and ions responsible for them?
when Nh3 was added it acted like a base neutalising the Cl- ions in the solution so the green colour faded and a light blue solution of Cu(h2o)6 was formed. then adding more NH3 precipitated it out Cu(OH)2 and then the Cu(NH3)4(H2O)2 complex forming dark plue solution