• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM P42 GT and paper discussion

What do you think the GT will be ?

• very High (75+)

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • high (70-75)

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • medium 65-

Votes: 48 40.7%
  • low (60-65)

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i did calculate the remaining OH ions in the initial part but I am telling abt the sketch, where will the PH end? would it not end at NaOH ph?

Reaction score
E which was given was -0.13 and its for standard conditions and 1 molar conc. But in saturated sol of pbcl2 the conc was lesser than 1 molar so obviously E will be more negative.
no my friend you had to utilise the equation given in the data booklet for the reduction potential of lead, it will become more positive since the reaction would move backwards!!!!!!!

Reaction score
the reaction forward has a negative potential so backward will ofcourse be more positive hence the formulae E0=Er-El cause to reverse the reduction equation you have to reverse the potential hence making the Eo value more positive. :). its from recent years and i spent 10 minutes on it so I KNOW

Reaction score
the reaction forward has a negative potential so backward will ofcourse be more positive hence the formulae E0=Er-El cause to reverse the reduction equation you have to reverse the potential hence making the Eo value more positive. :). its from recent years and i spent 10 minutes on it so I KNOW
i disagree

Reaction score
i disagree
then pleasee the recent year past papers. they have done the same thing. My logic as I said is you ae decreasing the concentration of Pb2+ ions the reaction will go in reverse to counteract the change in equilibirium (le chatliers principle) if the forward value is negative so it will just go the endothermic way(backward)
p.s ( i havent found a single mistake so if it is i will only loose two marks so chears :)