• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a question regarding the SAT and ACT.. I'll be grateful if you could help me clear my doubt.
If I choose to do the ACT for a top university in the U.S (Princeton, Yale, Cornell etc), do I still need to do the SAT subject tests?

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a question regarding the SAT and ACT.. I'll be grateful if you could help me clear my doubt.
If I choose to do the ACT for a top university in the U.S (Princeton, Yale, Cornell etc), do I still need to do the SAT subject tests?

Yeah, you usually do, but some universities like Yale don't need it if you're giving the ACT plus Writing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SAT subject test's will give us the edge compared to other applicants. :|
If some colleges don't require the Subject Tests, then they won't even look at them, even if you submit them with your application. There is no 'edge' to speak of, either colleges require it and make it compulsory, or they don't and won't consider it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in a dilemma between Mechatronics engineering and Electrical engineering. Which one do you suggest I should go for considering the global job prospects in the near future?

Your help will be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in a dilemma between Mechatronics engineering and Electrical engineering. Which one do you suggest I should go for considering the global job prospects in the near future?

Your help will be appreciated :)

Mechatronics Engineering is a wide field, and prospects are going to boom in the future, it's demand is high, but limited in some countries. Job prospects in the Commonwealth, Europe and North American countries are bountiful.
On the other hand, Electrical Engineering is in demand, and is going to continue to remain in demand in the future. If it were up to me, I'd take Mechatronics Engineering, because of its interdisciplinary nature. It's very interesting.

Reaction score
Mechatronics Engineering is a wide field, and prospects are going to boom in the future, it's demand is high, but limited in some countries. Job prospects in the Commonwealth, Europe and North American countries are bountiful.
On the other hand, Electrical Engineering is in demand, and is going to continue to remain in demand in the future. If it were up to me, I'd take Mechatronics Engineering, because of its interdisciplinary nature. It's very interesting.
Thanks a lot for your ideas.

I also want to go for Mechatronics because it's an interdisciplinary field. However, since I'm from Africa, its scope here is not too much and I doubt whether there will be demand in the near future. One encouraging point is that the university I am going to pursue this degree is accredited worldwide and recognised by the Washington accord; so I could try my luck to get a job in the middle East/Europe after graduation. Do you still think I should go for Mechatronics? *confused* :/

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your ideas.

I also want to go for Mechatronics because it's an interdisciplinary field. However, since I'm from Africa, its scope here is not too much and I doubt whether there will be demand in the near future. One encouraging point is that the university I am going to pursue this degree is accredited worldwide and recognised by the Washington accord; so I could try my luck to get a job in the middle East/Europe after graduation. Do you still think I should go for Mechatronics? *confused* :/
Have you checked the accrediting board's website to make sure they're accredited?
And where do you plan on going to university?

Reaction score
Have you checked the accrediting board's website to make sure they're accredited?
And where do you plan on going to university?
I have applied to several universities in South Africa, all of which are accredited. You can have a look at University of Witwatersrand, Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, Pretoria etc. I have been accepted into 2 universities so far.
So, what are your thoughts?

Reaction score
I have applied to several universities in South Africa, all of which are accredited. You can have a look at University of Witwatersrand, Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, Pretoria etc. I have been accepted into 2 universities so far.
So, what are your thoughts?
Honestly, if you're interested in Mechatronics, then go for it. If you want to play it safe, do Electrical Engineering at the bachelor level and Mechatronics as your Master's degree. If you're sure you can get a job abroad, then go for Mechatronics.