• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
What if the IELTS is given instead of TOEFL? IELTS is more internationally recognized, so is giving the IELTS instead of the TOEFL along with the SATs sufficient for seeking uni admission (I have disregarded other things like academics, extra-circulars...)
No, IELTS is not more internationally recognised. IELTS was introduced by Cambridge, and TOEFL by the ETS. Since Americans prefer their own tests, TOEFL is the ideal test for US universities. IELTS is for some US and Singapore universities, and for all UK and Australian universities. If you're sure about US, give the TOEFL iBT.

Reaction score
What if the IELTS is given instead of TOEFL? IELTS is more internationally recognized, so is giving the IELTS instead of the TOEFL along with the SATs sufficient for seeking uni admission (I have disregarded other things like academics, extra-circulars...)

Look it depends from case to case.

For example lower tier universities will accept without anything. The others would require SAT 1 only while others would demand a further 2 SAT subject tests. Some universities like UPenn require only TOEFL as English test whereas Yale accepts both TOEFL and IELTS. Moreover, some top schools like Princeton states that students who have attended an English-medium secondary school for at least three years are not required to submit TOEFL results. Some specify that a SAT critical reading score of 600-650 is enough to satisfy our English language requirements.

So it depends where are you thinking to apply to, and I would recommend to appear for TOEFL if your ultimate study destination is USA.

Reaction score
No, IELTS is not more internationally recognised. IELTS was introduced by Cambridge, and TOEFL by the ETS. Since Americans prefer their own tests, TOEFL is the ideal test for US universities. IELTS is for some US and Singapore universities, and for all UK and Australian universities. If you're sure about US, give the TOEFL iBT.
What about Germany? :cool:

Reaction score
but buddy i have heard that there is very less scope of chemical engineering and the petroleum sounds gud
some say that it i difficult to get job in petroleum
what's your opinion now
hope u still can help me out
thankz
chemical engenering has a lot of scope and potential in future plus u can easily get a job in a petroleum industry having a chemical engeniring degree :)

Reaction score
Learn German.
Not necessarily. Jacobs University Bremen is an English speaking institution and offers courses taught in English. It is a very good university.
And as it has a combination of US/ German aspects of education, it requires one to give their SAT/ ACT scores as well as TOEFL/ other equivalent English proficiency test scores. Knowing German is not a requirement for admission. It will only help you settle there better. That's all.
Check out its website.
https://www.jacobs-university.de/undergraduate-admission