• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

calculator.!!

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
hamidali said:
I didn't find anything on this topic that was different from this topic. I wrote FX991MS on my addmaths paper and got a freaking distinction. FX991MS is the same as FX991ES. I know another guy who used 991ES and got a distinction, too. You can solve the quadratic equations, you can solve the simultaneous equations, you can solve matrices, you can solve vectors, you can solve differentiation and integration. But this all happens numerically. The only calculator that is not allowed is the graphical calculator that is totally differentiated from other calculators. The only thing written on the syllabuses of these mathematics subjects is that GRAPHICAL CALCULATORS are NOT allowed. ES series are NOT graphical calculators. If there was such a huge problem, CIE would have clearly mentioned the calculator models on each and every syllabus.
Still, if you think you'll get in trouble, you can take an extra FX82MS. For me, I have given 5 different papers with the same FX991ms and I have had no problems and got the perfect results.
BRO SO ARE you sure ES are allowed ?? I mean I have two calculators. fx-82MS and fx-991Es !! which should I use ?? and furthermore is something mentioned on statement of entry regarding calculators ??

Zain786 said:
i talked to my maths teacher (35 yrs experienced o level maths t)
according to him fx 991es is not a graphical calculator and is allowed

Ok thanks !! I will now use Fx-991ES !!

i only have 991es so thats wat im taking

Reaction score
chek dis and tell me about 95ms.>!! it can solve equation and is without calculus...

Attachments

• standard_spec.pdf
    559.1 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
I didn't find anything on this topic that was different from this topic. I wrote FX991MS on my addmaths paper and got a freaking distinction. FX991MS is the same as FX991ES. I know another guy who used 991ES and got a distinction, too. You can solve the quadratic equations, you can solve the simultaneous equations, you can solve matrices, you can solve vectors, you can solve differentiation and integration. But this all happens numerically. The only calculator that is not allowed is the graphical calculator that is totally differentiated from other calculators. The only thing written on the syllabuses of these mathematics subjects is that GRAPHICAL CALCULATORS are NOT allowed. ES series are NOT graphical calculators. If there was such a huge problem, CIE would have clearly mentioned the calculator models on each and every syllabus.
Still, if you think you'll get in trouble, you can take an extra FX82MS. For me, I have given 5 different papers with the same FX991ms and I have had no problems and got the perfect results.

am jealous :p i would have gotten than distinction, made one stupid mistake :p. I curse myself everyday for what i did :'(

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
What do you want to know ? It can't solve equations and is without calculus !!

ermmmm y it can't solve equations???? isn't it mentioned?

Reaction score
what type of equations are we talking bout fasih. it can solve quadratic and linear equations

Reaction score
oh and guys, anyone hus hoping to buy 991, go for 570 instead. same features, saves cash. only difference is 570 aint solar

Reaction score
everyone has their own choice !! I was using "ES" since 2 years now and i m very comfortable on it !! :D

SO its finally decided that "ES" series are allowed so guys don't worry take any calculator either from ES or MS !!

Reaction score
its allowed in Add maths but in there was a confusion for maths !! so guys don't worry It also allowed for MATHS and its conformed !!

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
what type of equations are we talking bout fasih. it can solve quadratic and linear equations

em tawkin about quadratic.!

Reaction score
Well if a question comes and you directly give them the answer with out any explanation.... Then you are not going to get marks for that... Maybe just the answer marks.. Hamid already said that you get them for explaining stuff... So you can use it!

Reaction score
the calculators with the integration n diff functions r nt allowed together with the those having the graphical solutions.....be on the safe side n take fx 82 ms....!!

Reaction score
zain786 said:
salmanpakrocks said:
hamidali said:
BRO SO ARE you sure ES are allowed ?? I mean I have two calculators. fx-82MS and fx-991Es !! which should I use ?? and furthermore is something mentioned on statement of entry regarding calculators ??

Zain786 said:
i talked to my maths teacher (35 yrs experienced o level maths t)
according to him fx 991es is not a graphical calculator and is allowed

Ok thanks !! I will now use Fx-991ES !!

i only have 991es so thats wat im taking

ACCORDING TO MY TEACHER ES ARE NOT GRAPHICAL.

Reaction score
YES I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND USING 2 calculators as it was stated in the cie doc.
also CAPTAINS right that evan if u use the quadratic formula in es series then u wont get marks for the questions answer untill unless u dont do the working.
take no stress and just borrow another calc. for the exam in case a prob occours