• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

calculator.!!

Reaction score
hey please tell me whether i can use casio-991ms and casio-82es in exam or not?:??

which calculators are recommended and are allowed????

Reaction score
But PlanetMaster says this:

"It should be non-graphical and non-programmable.
All Casio MS & ES are allowed."

Reaction score
Just take your 991ms with you, and your 82-es too. If the invigilator tell you it's not allowed then just put it away and use your 82-es one. That is what I will do.. but I hope they allow it.

Reaction score
Its better to be safe than sorry.... Buy fx350 ms, fx95ms, fx992s.. Any of these... And take two with yourself... It will help anyway if one stops working...

Reaction score
"ES" series are NOT allowed!! use any calculator from "MS" series though I recommend fx-82MS as its most user friendly !! :)

Reaction score
"ES" series whether plus or not are not allowed !! I can't find an offical CIE document in which the available calculators were listed ! ES are graphical calculator (though I love them) but as the fraction form can easily be written CIE has banned it !!
Hope this clears up !! :)

Reaction score
I have heard thousands of people say they are allowed and many use it in the exam too. i will just take two then to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Well my friend too used "ES" series but its better to be on safe side and yeah take too and before examination starts ask the invigilator that is this allowed or not ? he may guide you !!

Reaction score
Well fx 82-ES is allowed. It is NOT graphical and does not have any kind of differentiation and integration

Reaction score
ES series are not GRAPHICAL calculators. They are simple scientific calculators with a display that allows fraction to be written on the screen. MS and ES series are the same except for the display. There is no function missing in MS series that is in ES. ES is just easier to use.
I used FX-991ms in Maths, Addmaths and Statistics papers and there was no problem either when giving the exams or when the result came out as I wrote the same model number on my paper. But to be on the safe side, take 82MS along.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
ES series are not GRAPHICAL calculators. They are simple scientific calculators with a display that allows fraction to be written on the screen. MS and ES series are the same except for the display. There is no function missing in MS series that is in ES. ES is just easier to use.
I used FX-991ms in Maths, Addmaths and Statistics papers and there was no problem either when giving the exams or when the result came out as I wrote the same model number on my paper. But to be on the safe side, take 82MS along.
The fraction can be written is the main reason they are not allowed !! Well still take 2 calculators with you incase one is not allowed use the other one !!

Reaction score
Only ms series are allowed n nt any other series......fx 82 ms is the best n u will be surely on the safe side as it is the only calculator that is widely used in the exam papers...!!!

Reaction score
Muhammad Talha said:
Only ms series are allowed n nt any other series......fx 82 ms is the best n u will be surely on the safe side as it is the only calculator that is widely used in the exam papers...!!!
100% correct !!!