• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

calculator.!!

Reaction score
No problem... :) I deleted that pic btw edited the post... Had already posted it in the other topic... Don't want any BOJH on this website... :)

Reaction score
If ES series wouldn't have been allowed, some strict action would have been taken by the CIE to ban them from the examination halls. People have regularly used it in their final O'levels and A'levels exams and there has been no incident recorded regarding the calculator until now. Only graphical calculators are not allowed. There is no difference between the ES and MS series except for the display which is easier to use, so it makes no sense to ban ES series and not MS series.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
If ES series wouldn't have been allowed, some strict action would have been taken by the CIE to ban them from the examination halls. People have regularly used it in their final O'levels and A'levels exams and there has been no incident recorded regarding the calculator until now. Only graphical calculators are not allowed. There is no difference between the ES and MS series except for the display which is easier to use, so it makes no sense to ban ES series and not MS series.
Well My friend even used "ES" series and no one stopped him. I was just telling to be on safe side! Agay app ki marzi !! :)

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
No !! it was another document !!! i m finding it !!

check my link on page 3 of this post and page 38 of that document... is that it??

Reaction score
I used 991ms in my add maths exam :p useful cuz it has integration and differentiation functions xD. the guy sitting beside me used ES. no one stopped him. dont knw which model his was exactly :p. i actually took 3 calcs to the examination. one was 991ms, one was 571ms and one was 82ms :p just incase one was not allowed or one went haywire cuz ive heard stories XD

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
I used 991ms in my add maths exam :p useful cuz it has integration and differentiation functions xD. the guy sitting beside me used ES. no one stopped him. dont knw which model his was exactly :p. i actually took 3 calcs to the examination. one was 991ms, one was 571ms and one was 82ms :p just incase one was not allowed or one went haywire cuz ive heard stories XD

yar thn here no1 knows.!!! its all depending of "IF cheked" or sth like that

Reaction score
It is NOT about luck. ES series is clearly allowed. If it wasn't CIE would have take strict action. Plus ES series is the same as MS series. So if ES disallowed the MS series should be disallowed. FX991MS and ES both can solve numerical differentiation and integration which is different from algebric manipulation of differentiation and integration. The main thing that CIE wants to see is the working. Which gets you the marks and not the different calculator.

Reaction score
I didn't find anything on this topic that was different from this topic. I wrote FX991MS on my addmaths paper and got a freaking distinction. FX991MS is the same as FX991ES. I know another guy who used 991ES and got a distinction, too. You can solve the quadratic equations, you can solve the simultaneous equations, you can solve matrices, you can solve vectors, you can solve differentiation and integration. But this all happens numerically. The only calculator that is not allowed is the graphical calculator that is totally differentiated from other calculators. The only thing written on the syllabuses of these mathematics subjects is that GRAPHICAL CALCULATORS are NOT allowed. ES series are NOT graphical calculators. If there was such a huge problem, CIE would have clearly mentioned the calculator models on each and every syllabus.
Still, if you think you'll get in trouble, you can take an extra FX82MS. For me, I have given 5 different papers with the same FX991ms and I have had no problems and got the perfect results.

Reaction score
i talked to my maths teacher (35 yrs experienced o level maths t)
according to him fx 991es is not a graphical calculator and is allowed

Reaction score
hamidali said:
I didn't find anything on this topic that was different from this topic. I wrote FX991MS on my addmaths paper and got a freaking distinction. FX991MS is the same as FX991ES. I know another guy who used 991ES and got a distinction, too. You can solve the quadratic equations, you can solve the simultaneous equations, you can solve matrices, you can solve vectors, you can solve differentiation and integration. But this all happens numerically. The only calculator that is not allowed is the graphical calculator that is totally differentiated from other calculators. The only thing written on the syllabuses of these mathematics subjects is that GRAPHICAL CALCULATORS are NOT allowed. ES series are NOT graphical calculators. If there was such a huge problem, CIE would have clearly mentioned the calculator models on each and every syllabus.
Still, if you think you'll get in trouble, you can take an extra FX82MS. For me, I have given 5 different papers with the same FX991ms and I have had no problems and got the perfect results.
BRO SO ARE you sure ES are allowed ?? I mean I have two calculators. fx-82MS and fx-991Es !! which should I use ?? and furthermore is something mentioned on statement of entry regarding calculators ??

Zain786 said:
i talked to my maths teacher (35 yrs experienced o level maths t)
according to him fx 991es is not a graphical calculator and is allowed

Ok thanks !! I will now use Fx-991ES !!

Reaction score
No. The only official statement from CIE is that graphical calculators are not allowed. Take both FX991Es and FX82MS with you. Nobody says anything if you have two calculators with you. Many candidates are precautious about having a second calculator incase the other one gets faulty. Are you giving Additional Mathematics? If yes, then you should learn the differentiation and integration techniques of FX-991Es.

Reaction score
yeah I will be giving Add maths next year and thank you hamid !! your a live safer !! :D I love ES series but many told me that it wasn't allowed !!