• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business : Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey in paper 11 Nov 2011 ....a question says Identify 2 objectives often set by businesses in the public sector.
In the marking scheme it says Do not accept rise employment .....isn't that an objective too ????:confused:

Reaction score
in may june 2002 there was this question

explain why, in many countries , the percentage of the workforce employed in tertiary activities is increasing ?

how do i respond to this? im so confused help !! :/

Reaction score
sorry for the previous post xtreme had messed up the layout!
dis is wat usha had told us for this qn

CEO
-> legal advisor
ASIA EUROPE AMERICA AUSTRALIA

under asia
HR director
HR manager

under europe
finance director
finance manager
accountant clerks

under america
production director
prod manager
quality controller
supervisor
worker

under australia
marketing director
sales mgr----research n dev mgr----promotion mgr----distribution mgr

under sales mgr
workers

under research n dev manager
workerI

hope it helped u!
Maheen is it necessary to write down the names ?!?

Reaction score
Mate any tips on preparing for paper 12? I have my exam tomorrow should I continue doing pps or read thru notes ?

Reactions: lol
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this.
It's a bit confusing for me sometimes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of rising the interest rates?

Likewise to that question, what are advantages and disadvantages of falling the interest rates?
Would really appreciate an answer.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this.
It's a bit confusing for me sometimes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of rising the interest rates?

Likewise to that question, what are advantages and disadvantages of falling the interest rates?
Would really appreciate an answer.
Thanks in advance.
A rise in interest rates would be an advantage to savers because of the increased return they would get on their investment , it can brin certain advantages to a country as it can bring hot money and investments , with investments you will have more finance and so on. , the disadvantage can be that it will discourage borrowings because a higher cost will have to be paid , so this can possible reduce the number of individuals and firms taking loans , what this can also do is that it can reduce demand for certain goods and which can ten have an effect on the aggregate demand , when agg. Demand falls sales falls and costs stay the same so firms may layoff a fa workers and that can increase unemployment , so he disadvantage can be that it will not help in achieving some macro evonp

Reaction score
Macro economic objectives sorry * and for decrease its pretty much the opposite bit not exactly the opposite

Reaction score
Maheen is it necessary to write down the names ?!?
man i dont no bout it but usha had told us in grade 9 n wen she tells u she is rite usually...n about preparing usually pprs n mark sccheme is the best wat i do is dat i practice n jus skim trough the txt book jus to satisfy myself
anyway all the best dude!

Reaction score
A rise in interest rates would be an advantage to savers because of the increased return they would get on their investment , it can brin certain advantages to a country as it can bring hot money and investments , with investments you will have more finance and so on. , the disadvantage can be that it will discourage borrowings because a higher cost will have to be paid , so this can possible reduce the number of individuals and firms taking loans , what this can also do is that it can reduce demand for certain goods and which can ten have an effect on the aggregate demand , when agg. Demand falls sales falls and costs stay the same so firms may layoff a fa workers and that can increase unemployment , so he disadvantage can be that it will not help in achieving some macro evonp
Thanks for the answer.
I finally got it cleared. Really appreciate it.

I was also wondering if you could shed a light in my doubt about the basic aims of the public sector and the private sector (at least 3 points for each).
The concept is a bit confusing for me, so I getting it straight by some points would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
Hey in paper 11 Nov 2011 ....a question says Identify 2 objectives often set by businesses in the public sector.
In the marking scheme it says Do not accept rise employment .....isn't that an objective too ????:confused:
tru dat it is an objestive
apart frm that der is to make products price affordable for everyone
wen i did a similar qn the m scheme said da point above as well as to create more jobs fr people

hope this helped

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.
I finally got it cleared. Really appreciate it.

I was also wondering if you could shed a light in my doubt about the basic aims of the public sector and the private sector (at least 3 points for each).
The concept is a bit confusing for me, so I getting it straight by some points would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance. :)
Umm , public sector is generally more aimed to provide a service , you know like transport services ( trains)
They also aim to maintain jobs , Keep prices low , they're different to private firms because they don't have maximisation of profits as their main aim.
The Private sector on the other hand do keep maximise profits as their objective , other objectives could include to increase market share/Increase added value or even provide better quality products so that they could gain more customers etc.#

Reaction score
1. What is the difference between productivity and efficiency?
2. Do I need to memorize stock control and those motivation theories (except maslow's)

Many thx:)

Reaction score
Calm down , bureacratic is a type of leadership that involves following the rules and doing everything exactly the way it should be , its good because the rules are being followed but the rules might be strictly followed which is bad
following the rules strictly is autocratic leadership there is nothing likebureaucratic

Reaction score
Reaction score
2. Do I need to memorize stock control and those motivation theories (except maslow's)

Productivity is based on the production of products over time. (More employees, more productivity)

Efficiency is based on how much is wasted (electricity, power, energy etc.) to produce products. (More machinery means less effort wasted, less materials spent, more products produced, better efficiency).

Memorizing stock control and the motivation theories aren't really necessary. Rather than learning them by heart, it would be better to understand them thoroughly so that you can improvise the answers yourself. I've understood Taylor,Herzberg,McGregor and Maslow by reading some examples from youtube. It made it 100 times easy.
Hope this helps.
Good luck. :)

Reaction score

the main ones of a business in public sector is provide a standard quality service , expand their services/products ,providing jobs should also be right but idk why they dont accept it

Reaction score

Yes you need to know the motivation theorists its not that hard , relating them to different motivation methods is helpful but you dont have to use them