• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books....

Reaction score
The Hunger Games
Elsewhere
Unwind
The Knife of Never Letting Go
The Replacement
anything by Sarah Dessen
The Host (I know it's by Stephenie Meyer, but it's a lot better than Twilight!)
The Good Thief

Reaction score
My 4 all-time favorites:
The alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Da Vinci code by Dan Brown
The lost symbol by Dan Brown
A study in scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

The book i am reading right now, The stand by Stephen King

Reaction score
MysteRyGiRl said:
lol guyz y dont u all read da BEST book ever????
THE QURAN :)
nice thought......but wat v meant waz readin book other than Quran....:)

Reaction score
donaldbracy said:
The Hunger Games
Elsewhere
Unwind
The Knife of Never Letting Go
The Replacement
anything by Sarah Dessen
The Host (I know it's by Stephenie Meyer, but it's a lot better than Twilight!)
The Good Thief
great choice!!! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

MysteRyGiRl said:
lol guyz y dont u all read da BEST book ever????
THE QURAN :)

Well ....great suggestion mashaAllah! To be honest..it is the best book ever...and the special thing is even if you read it more than 100 times you'll never get bored of it as in what happens when you read books written by people!....and as you read it again...you'll dicover a new thing everytime...but sadly..we have time to read ever other thing other than this :( May Allah give us all the chance to read and UNDERSTAND this! and make us all aa'amil-e-Quran..Aameen!!

Reaction score
destined007 said:
My 4 all-time favorites:
The alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Da Vinci code by Dan Brown
The lost symbol by Dan Brown
A study in scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

The book i am reading right now, The stand by Stephen King
:) Could you please describe 'A study in scarlet' and 'The stand' (for the sake of satiating my curiosity if that's fine with you)?

Reaction score
A study in scarlet happens at the time when Dr Watson met Sherlock homes for the first time and they solved a case of the death of two men together. I won't tell you everything because i don't want to satiate all your curiosity. Read the book. Doyle, as always, never ceases to amuse us.

I am reading The stand right now, haven't completed it yet. The book is about a contagious virus that is spreading throughout the town because of some negligence, as what the army men say. I am reading the unabridged version, however, the abridge one is better because there is no irrelevant things in it.

Reaction score
Finally...a discussion on books...I'll try not to be too long winded in my recommendations...
The Shane Schiofield series by Matthew Riley-Ice Station, Area 7, Scarecrow- for action that blasts off the page and will definitely singe the eyebrows and any other stray clothing, oh, and the plots are complex enough to keep you guessing until almost the last page (sorry for the cliche, but there really is no other way to describe it)
The Power of Five series by Anthony Horowits-I'm guessing you've heard of Alex Rider...but the events in this series eclipse everyone's favourite teenage spy a million times over. For spine-chilling yet very believable horror and global conspiracy, with a healthy dose of the supernatural, this is a must read.
Dark Horse and The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag...gory, I admit, but murder mysteries do not come much better than this...and for a brilliant, unforgiving, but very human protaganist, it is very difficult to beat Elena Estes.
The Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva-espionage literature at its finest...
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy...what makes this book a masterpiece is hard to define...read it!
The Millenium Series by Stieg Larsson-hackers, journalists, spies and moral dilemmas abound in this modern classic. Lisbeth Salander is the most interesting female protaganist I have ever encountered...I can't say enough in the praise of this book.
Hope I contributed to more hours suspensefully spent.

Reaction score
i luv da power of five series............horowitz rocked dat seriously
ill try da shane wateverr series
thnx

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Well to read I like all works of arthur conan doyle... liked dan brown's da vinci code but when I read other one of his buk(forgot the name it was technology related) I could predict it's end.. it was like ditto copy on a different setting.
Anyways the most usefull and interesting book I ever found was "What Islam is All About" by Yahya Emrick.. I found it when I was young at school and everywhere around me was chaos that book(+ an awesome teacher) was a means by which I was saved from being sucked into many evils and turning into a bad person.. May Allah bless it's author.
After that I found about tafseer of Quran and there is no book which has taste even close to that of Quran! As they say it's like a treasure trove of gems.. reading it's translation is no justice to the book.. it's so awesome, the high you get after a tafseer study/class is unbelieveable! Like the study of why Allah uses one specific word when another could have been used and how the word choosen by Allah gives an added beautiful meaning.. One is truely shocked; how can someone be that precise and accurate in speech! Truely it's the word of Allah.
One of my goals is to learn classical Arabic, inshaAllah, so as to find out some gems myself too and get closer to Allah(S.W.T)...

Reaction score
may i suggest da name of dan brown's book as digital fortress cux its end wx predictable n it wx all tech or atleast math stuff like permutation combinations....
nd BESHAK HOLY QURAN is DA BEST of all books... i m tryin to comprehend it maslf... not so succesful yet but ll b dere soon... inshaallah nd mayb den ll gv up ma share of evils...
hx any1 tried undomestic goddess by sophie kinsella... had me rollin in aisles... again...
or john grisham's da client... or street lawyer... dey r amaxin...

Reaction score
Trust me...Matthew Riley will not disappoint...If you like Shane Schofield you should also read Temple (about an ancient Incan idol carved from radioactive meteorite...obviously you've got everyone from the US army to neo-Nazis after it, but the writing is superb)
Anyone read The Children of Hurin or The Silmarillion or A Thousand Splendid Suns?
Glad to have found other bibliophiles!

Reaction score
da 2nd bk abt heroes of olympus :the son of neptune was released yesterday
any 1 read it yet ...its all abt percy in da roman camp........awesome i wanna read it desperately

Reaction score
hey guyz hows Dorothy's war by Ruth Hamilton n Lord of Flies by William Golding???

Reaction score
Books are men's best friends as we all are aware of that. Books are best for knowledge and to spend free time also. I love to read books whenever I got time. Books are knowledgeable so, make the current use of books.