• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 3 prediction

Reaction score
Xtremepapers don't have IGCSE question papers from 1990, it didn't exist in that form back then.

you want to show off that attitude, get your point straight and right.
we all studied the books,did our homework a checklist is just some extra stuff.
Shut up please.. who's the idiot who's gonna believe me.. i was JOKING stfu please

Reaction score
Xtremepapers don't have IGCSE question papers from 1990, it didn't exist in that form back then.

Dude i gota site that has papers from 1990 ;)

Reaction score
pls can somebody tell me the link between menstruation and ovulation????
Ovulation is the maturing of the follicle or "egg" simply put. this is brought about by FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
FSH is made by the pituitary gland. it matures an egg for release from the ovary.
once matured it starts travelling fown the tube.
oestrogen and progesterone is now released from the egg. this causes a "lining" to be made in the uterus, so that IF fertilised the zygote sticks to it. Oestrogen is also made to counter FSH production cause one egg has already matured, so it stops another one from being matured right then.
but if it is NOT fertilised, the egg degenerates and progesterone and oestrogen production stops. the lining is no longer maintained and it breaks down too. this is menstriation.

since there is no oestrogen now, the pituitary detects this and releases FSH again to mature another follicle and the cycle repeats.

Reaction score
Dude i gota site that has papers from 1990 ;)
thats good, but not all that useful cause the format's all changed and we are asked to understand topics more now, instead of memorising more like they did back then.

Reaction score
thats good, but not all that useful cause the format's all changed and we are asked to understand topics more now, instead of memorising more like they did back then.

Yes! i agree really :) :D

Reaction score
Ovulation is the maturing of the follicle or "egg" simply put. this is brought about by FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)
FSH is made by the pituitary gland. it matures an egg for release from the ovary.
once matured it starts travelling fown the tube.
oestrogen and progesterone is now released from the egg. this causes a "lining" to be made in the uterus, so that IF fertilised the zygote sticks to it. Oestrogen is also made to counter FSH production cause one egg has already matured, so it stops another one from being matured right then.
but if it is NOT fertilised, the egg degenerates and progesterone and oestrogen production stops. the lining is no longer maintained and it breaks down too. this is menstriation.

since there is no oestrogen now, the pituitary detects this and releases FSH again to mature another follicle and the cycle repeats.

UR REALLY HELPING ME AND OTHERS :D :D :D :D THAAANNKKKKSSS <3

Reaction score

Hehehe.....

Reaction score
Yes true that

Reaction score
Buahahahahhaha same here :confused:
Buahahaaaa but ya know wat becoz ov the joke ive done them all and I've done them frm the 70s all bio papers since the inception of the British council hav even done 2012 may June gar8 paper seriously dude btw I did it twice all ov emmm

Reaction score
first the follicle starts to develop fsh and lh increase to stimulate follicle to release oestrogen .after the follicle is fully developed ovulation occurs and level of oestrogen drops down ,if fertilization occurs the corpus lutem is left which releases progestron until the placenta is formed so the corpus lutemn gradually disappears and placenta release progestron to prevent mensuration and maintain lining of uterus .if no fertilization occurs level of progestrone drop and the lining of uterus break and mensuration occurs

Reaction score
Buahahaaaa but ya know wat becoz ov the joke ive done them all and I've done them frm the 70s all bio papers since the inception of the British council hav even done 2012 may June gar8 paper seriously dude btw I did it twice all ov emmm

ALL =.= LIKE LITERALLY ALL?!?! hahahaha UR READY THEN :p frgt bout studying hahah x)

Reaction score
ALL =.= LIKE LITERALLY ALL?!?! hahahaha UR READY THEN :p frgt bout studying hahah x)
Noo afrah dudette me kidding this form of joke is known as witty sarcasm the one micro961 tried to do I was just puttin the joke on him don't worry I'm human being bhai and so far I dun hav plans to do that it's waste of time pattern changes I believe if u learn everything in the book and even do only 2011 papers u will be good to go

Reaction score
Noo afrah dudette me kidding this form of joke is known as witty sarcasm the one micro961 tried to do I was just puttin the joke on him don't worry I'm human being bhai and so far I dun hav plans to do that it's waste of time pattern changes I believe if u learn everything in the book and even do only 2011 papers u will be good to go

Hehehh Z.A.M dude :oops: im messing with u to ;) jst going witha flow with yr sarcasm :)
Ah yes really true!! :) im not done stdyng :( sooooo lenghty uff! though ive dne these chaptrs b4 =|
Good Luck :) <3

Reaction score
Hehehh Z.A.M dude :oops: im messing with u to ;) jst going witha flow with yr sarcasm :)
Ah yes really true!! :) im not done stdyng :( sooooo lenghty uff! though ive dne these chaptrs b4 =|
Good Luck :) <3
Me 2 me not done revising all ova again though I've done it b4r Lukz like u gotta sense ov sarcasm too feel sry to stop ur flow mate u were professional at it well gud luck and now I'll let u study and I'll study myself

Reaction score
Me 2 me not done revising all ova again though I've done it b4r Lukz like u gotta sense ov sarcasm too feel sry to stop ur flow mate u were professional at it well gud luck and now I'll let u study and I'll study myself

Haha! its alright :D
alrighty then :) cya! :D good luck to u to :) and kick ass studying ;)