• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 3 prediction

Reaction score
I thought I'd see a trend in the years, but that applied for other subjects and paper 1.
but there are some topics from which questions do come from in different applied ways, or simple questions. Here's what you can expect in your BIOLOGY 0610 paper 3 (note: i didn't specify a variant intentionally) :

• Genetics question with tables and punnet squares which we have to fill up from given informations on parent genotypes
  • Homeostasis questions. Expect definitions and dialysis applied questions
  • Classification question. You may see photos of similar animals or animals of the same genus but different species and you may be asked to identify certain features. May include binomial naming system question
  • Biotechnology: manufacturing enzymes from bacteria/fungi/industrial fermenter. How it's done, or what is the food for these microbes? Sewage treatment is rare but may appear too.
  • Nervous system or Eye question: a reflex arc question is highly possible and may include labelling of eye. Read rods and cones functions well and accommodation.
  • Plant growth in agriculture: how plants are given optimum conditions (nutrients), adv and disadv of fertilisers. Xylem and phloem functions in tables
  • Ecosystem: FOOD WEBS must be there in any variant, and may include possible changes in populations of animals due to other external changes (changes in population of prey / predator), Cycles (carbon, nitrogen)
  • reproduction: will include more ,female reproduction and hormones involved (FSH,LH,Oestrogen,Progesterone,Testosterone) and how they play a part. Also, pregnancy questions on placenta may be there.

Expect simple experiments with graphs as well, and it may also include describing a given graph.

Hope this helps and ask any questions regarding the listed topics if you do not understand them, here.
Prediction results! (for variant 31)
  • Genetics : Check!
  • Homeostasis: Check!
  • Classification: Check!
  • Biotechnology: None
  • Nervous system or eye question : None
  • Plant growth : Check!
  • Ecosystem : Check!
  • Reproduction: Check!
A whooping 6 out 8 correctly predicted! :D

Prediction results! (for variant 2)
  • Genetics question- None
  • Homeostasis questions- None
  • Classification question- Check!
  • Biotechnology- None
  • Nervous system or Eye question: None
  • Plant growth in agriculture - Check
  • Ecosystem- Check
  • Reproduction- Check
4/8 Correct :p

Reaction score
Thank you very much :D but recently also they're having this trend of getting new diagrams and questions which are a bit more complicated than before! And ask questions that are very detailed so u have to also focus on the inner things ! Good luck to everyonee<3
note: Study the difference between viruses and bacteria and how resistant bacteria strains develop!

Reaction score
Thank you very much :D but recently also they're having this trend of getting new diagrams and questions which are a bit more complicated than before! And ask questions that are very detailed so u have to also focus on the inner things ! Good luck to everyonee<3
note: Study the difference between viruses and bacteria and how resistant bacteria strains develop!
Yes i've seen that question too. The details are often points they expect you to have memorised, but sometimes they are also applied knowledge for eg. "suggest" questions.

Reaction score
bump!!@!@#!@#@!32
Ohhh so finally ur crystal ball worked...
I have no crystal ball but I wud like to add that questions on carbon cycle and nitrogen cycle might also be there
There now it's everything lol ....

Reaction score
Ohhh so finally ur crystal ball worked...
I have no crystal ball but I wud like to add that questions on carbon cycle and nitrogen cycle might also be there
There now it's everything lol ....
Put that up too, thanks!
Winter 11 paper 33 seems tough, hope they don't throw us something that bad.

Reaction score
I know it iz.... And did u see 2008 oct nov question on nitrogen cycle it was different I mean we had to outline the whole decomposition of the animals and then cum to nitrifying bacteria
Just hope It goes well nyways gud luck and thnx again (might wana lend me the crystal ball sum day I'm gna impress me frendz loool)

Reaction score
OhMGeee :LOL::LOL:
Thank You Soo Much :D :D :D <3
This really gave me some background info :) thanks again :)

Reaction score
i was doing the same thing and all most all of the topics you listed i saw them in almost all the papers i did i also saw respiration question check out pp3 may/june 32 2011.thankyou a lot bless you and good luck wishing you all success.

Reaction score
hey may you help in the topic of humans and the environment especially in the nitrogen and carbon cycle.

Reaction score
pls can somebody tell me the link between menstruation and ovulation????

Reaction score
The oestrogen level decreases before ovulation secreting FSH And LH Which stimulates ovulation at day 14 and the egg is given out wether fertilized or not , and if not fertilized Menstruation will occur and the linning of the uterus will gradually break down !!! ( As Far as I understand ) .

Reaction score
Here's a better revision checklist.. (if you wanna get an A*)
-Open your IGCSE Biology book.
-Study everything.
-Do all past papers from 1990 to 2011 (including all variants).
And you'll get an A*.. Simple as that ;)

Ya think we'all got time from 1990? :p lool .. im starting from 2001 ----- 2011 :)

Reaction score
-Study everything.
WOW how simple ....... Oh w8 I frgot I'm not EINSTIEN
From 1990s all variants r u freaking kiddin me eh?!!

Reaction score
-Study everything.
Xtremepapers don't have IGCSE question papers from 1990, it didn't exist in that form back then.

you want to show off that attitude, get your point straight and right.
we all studied the books,did our homework a checklist is just some extra stuff.