• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ATTENTION PLEASE -- All Muslim Brothers and Sisters

Reaction score
It is not permissible to shake hands with a non-Mahram, because the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than to touch a woman who is not permissible for him.” (at-Tabaraani saheeh by al-
Albaani).

i dont shake hands with girls , in such a case my meaning is bad, sometimes these girls come and want to shake hands with me and say salam and hru, should i ignore them ???
in my biology tuition , there is girls, they come and want to shake hands with me , sometimes i shake hands with them and so on , if in the class, she asked me a question about smthin in bio, should i not talk to her ?

Reaction score
yup..i did reply though..
ok initially u wont ask but then after some time..u may become friends ...right?
:LOL:
Let me give you a clearer plat form. She becomes my new teacher, and is almost my age, of a particular subject for the next one year OVER the net. There is absolutely no such bond between us other than that of a teacher and student. No friendship. No personal talks or anything. Is it STILL haraam?
(lets not speak about what may happen or anything about it's possibility)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
:LOL:
Let me give you a clearer plat form. She becomes my new teacher, and is almost my age, of a particular subject for the next one year OVER the net. There is absolutely no such bond between us other than that of a teacher and student. No friendship. No personal talks or anything. Is it STILL haraam?
(lets not speak about what may happen or anything about it's possibility)

No laughing, joking, or hanging out with non-Mahrams
Some sisters assume that since they are properly covered, its okay for them to sit around and talk, laugh, joke, etc. with the men, but that’s not right, even if he is ‘the Shaikh’. Allaah says:". . . then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner." [al-Ahzaab:32]
So talk to them when there is a specific need, and in a manner that is not necessarily rude, yet it is polite but firm.
Source..

Reaction score
No laughing, joking, or hanging out with non-Mahrams
Some sisters assume that since they are properly covered, its okay for them to sit around and talk, laugh, joke, etc. with the men, but that’s not right, even if he is ‘the Shaikh’. Allaah says:". . . then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner." [al-Ahzaab:32]
So talk to them when there is a specific need, and in a manner that is not necessarily rude, yet it is polite but firm.
makes me think you did not bother to even read my post :LOL:

Reaction score
hi...and it all is indeed wrong for Holy Prophet's (PBUH) companion was once looking at a woman and Holy Prophet (PBUH) slapped him on face and said that its wrong.. why are Women not allowed to go unveiled into public or to put on perfumes in public..you can talk if its not wrong but always in presence of another person (not alone) and without looking into her face.., u see there are 'Mehram' (with whome you can have a relation) and Non-Mehrams for muslims... and its not allowed for anyone to have a relation with non-mehrams... i hope you'll understand..

Rasul Allah didnt slap anyone , in the army when they was preparing for war, Rasul Allah hitted someone strongly by mistake on this stomach and told him to be in line , he told him "You hurted me" that man said that , than Rasul Allah rushed to him and uncovered his stomach and he told him "Beat me" Rasual Allah said, that man didnt beat him , but he kissed his stomach , Rasul Allah said to him "why u didnt beat me?" that man told him i wanted the last thing to be between you and me , is that my skin touch your skin , and that man died in the war

so how Rasul Allah could slap someone ???????

Reaction score
I did ofcourse..why'd u think that? o_O

That quote was to show what's the ruling if at all there's a need to talk...
i mean, i said that the only need of talk is pure requirement of advice!

OH ok. IF there is a need then that is the procedure. But of course it is not possible as you pointed out before. I appreciate the fact that you are up for this and don't chat with those of the opposite gender. Unfortunately, i am currently lost in westernization like most of the world and it has become part of my social life. May Allah grant me the ability to stop this though...:(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i mean, i said that the only need of talk is pure requirement of advice!

OH ok. IF there is a need then that is the procedure. But of course it is not possible as you pointed out before. I appreciate the fact that you are up for this and don't chat with those of the opposite gender. Unfortunately, i am currently lost in westernization like most of the world and it has become part of my social life. May Allah grant me the ability to stop this although...:(
Aameen!
That's the reason this thread was created..simple advice, given in the first post..
may Allah help us all...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont shake hands with girls , in such a case my meaning is bad, sometimes these girls come and want to shake hands with me and say salam and hru, should i ignore them ???
in my biology tuition , there is girls, they come and want to shake hands with me , sometimes i shake hands with them and so on , if in the class, she asked me a question about smthin in bio, should i not talk to her ?
yup...u shud say waalaikumassalam...lower ur gaze..! no need to talk..be free ..shake hands...i suppose they must be muslims too..tell them they shudnt do it either...be proud muslims.. ;)
to quote

And no, it is not rude to refuse to shake hands with non-Muslims. Simply politely explain that its part of your religion and they are very understanding.

Reaction score
And no, it is not rude to refuse to shake hands with non-Muslims. Simply politely explain that its part of your religion and they are very understanding.

i am shaking hands with muslim girls , now what should i tell them ?