• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Addmaths paper 1

Reaction score
There was only one answer 2. That was given in the question's first part.
There was obviously one answer...you can't put two values in the calculstor for that function and get the same answer. My value turned out to be correct, but I found it using trial and error. I solved the question half way through and then applied it, but I didn't end up getting the value, I plugged it into the equation that I formed...will they cut a mark if I did that

Reaction score
There was obviously one answer...you can't put two values in the calculstor for that function and get the same answer. My value turned out to be correct, but I found it using trial and error. I solved the question half way through and then applied it, but I didn't end up getting the value, I plugged it into the equation that I formed...will they cut a mark if I did that
One factor was given. that was the only answer

Reaction score
Yeah one answer and the other mark was for using any proper method of showing this.

Reaction score
How could there be only one answer when there was a quadratic equation right there? B2-4ac was greater than o so it had to have more than 1 real roots

Reaction score
I think I made the value of c negative when I put it in the equation so I got 3 roots...they'll cut a mark for that? My working was right tho, other than that flip in sign :/