• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
First of all Active Transport means transfer of ions from it's LOWER conc to HIGHER conc AGAINSt the conc gradient. And fluidity of membrane means membrane fluidity refers to the viscosity of the lipid bilayer of a cell membrane or a synthetic lipid membrane
Fluidity of membrane helps in transport of molecules such as water and gaseous particles i.e. diffusion. So if fluidity is affected than diffusion of particles is affected coz they transport from Higher water conc to Lower water conc whereas active transport is opp and also it needs ATP to take place.
So, Active transport is not at all affected by fluidity of membrane.

Sorry for the late reply. Yesterday I saw your ques and I was knowing the answer but wasn't sure so today I asked about this to my Bio teacher and I wrote this answer.
I hope you got it. :)
Thank you so much :)

Reaction score
Yes I thinks it says how many possible triplet bases we could have from these bases? Each triplet bases equal to one aminoacid so the number of different triplet
bases will equal to number of aminoacids
I am not getting
can you give me screenshot plz!

A T G C these are base pairs.
DNA is helical in structure and it formed from 1) Ribose sugar 2)Phosphate group 3) Base pair ( A T G C) .Overall you can say the strand is made up of Nucleotide.

The DNA strands are antiparallel.
There are 10 base pairs one helical turn. (Here the base pairs are bonded to one another i.e A=T and G triple bond to C)
The distance between two base pairs is 3.4 Augustan.
Diameter is 20 Augustan.
Distance between 10 base pairs is 34 Augustan.
2014_11_01_21_34_14_457.jpg

Reaction score
I am not getting
can you give me screenshot plz!

A T G C these are base pairs.
DNA is helical in structure and it formed from 1) Ribose sugar 2)Phosphate group 3) Base pair ( A T G C) .Overall you can say the strand is made up of Nucleotide.

The DNA strands are antiparallel.
There are 10 base pairs one helical turn. (Here the base pairs are bonded to one another i.e A=T and G triple bond to C)
The distance between two base pairs is 3.4 Augustan.
Diameter is 20 Augustan.
Distance between 10 base pairs is 34 Augustan.
View attachment 48519

No it has nothing to do with diameter you must work out the number of aminoacids you can get from a number of triplet bases
as each triplet base codes for one aminoacid

Reaction score
Hi everyone, assalamoalaikum!! :)

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your A LEVEL BIOLOGY doubts in this thread. InshaAllah those who can , will help me and you all. :D ;)

Will try to update this soon, by adding links to some Biology Notes & Links around the forum.

Thanks!
Jazak Allah Khair!

BIOLOGY LINKS & NOTES :

B!0l0gy $l!de$ & N0te$... :) - by workinghard

Biology Practical notes!! - by libra94

http://www.biologymad.com

http://www.biologyinnovation.co.uk

Action Potential - Notes
Get great Olevel, Igcse Gcse notes, resouces, books, topical past papers at www.gcebuddy.wordpress.com ,

Reaction score
Last edited: