• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Also,what was the answer for 'germinating seed from botanic garden every few years? i wrote in order to keep the seed germinating and or protect it from drying and thus protecting the endangered specie etc.

Reaction score
ooops sry its acetylcoenzyme A..check photosynthesis chapter in the coursebook...i wrote acetylcholine :(

Reaction score
"I have a question related to my grades. In AS Levels May/June 2014 session, I scored "a" in Mathematics and Physics, while I scored "c" in Biology (I know that my overall grade is bad). Is it still possible to score an overall A in Biology? By what percent is it possible? What about A*?"

I don't really know my exact percentage, but is it still possible to score A at least? I know some people who had d in AS, but where able to score B. So, opinions?

Reaction score
depends..i also had a C in bio..but straight A's in my other 3 subs..i did not take a risk and repeated my AS together with my A2 :)

Reaction score
total out comes -1. for example in the case of a coin there are 2 outcomes, either heads or tails. so you subtract 1 from 2. The answer is (2-1) = 1. So, 1 is your degree of freedom.

Reaction score
So guys? Can anyone give me an advice about my Biology? Can I change it from "c" to "A" if I worked hard? Or is it better to repeat my AS?

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_s13_qp_11.pdf

Q27, can someone explain to me what is wrong with options ACD? exam tomorrow please help thanks!
A is not possible. because 'high humidity' ( factor against transpiration)
D is not possible. because apoplast pathway is completely barred. ony symplast is possible.
C. about this i'm not sure but it states 'from the saturated air space' and as far as my knowledge is concerned saturated refers to the fact when there is no air space and all of it is occupied with water. so with no airspace no diffusion can take place.