• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
No prob,I accidentally gave the wrong varaint.XD
Ohkay so..you know the formula Magnification=Size of Image/Size of Object.
In the question magnification is ×20 000.You can get the size of Image by using the diagram.I got it as 60mm which is 60,000µm
Place the values in the formula
60,000µm/×20 000 = 3
So the answer is B which is 3 × 10^0µm.

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that it is normal for cell to lose some amount of telomeric DNA in each round of cell division...and furthermore, when the telomere length is dropped to a critical point, a signal is given to stop further cell division.
So, it seems like a normal cell division will need something to replace telomere to carry on replication, therefore Answer A is the correct one.
For the next question: When the sister chromatids separate at the centromere, approaching the opposite poles, distance between chromatids and poles decreases----->stage is anaphase. Distance between centromeres of the sister chromatids increases as they are leaving each other, going away from each other. So the answer is A I guess, I didn't check MS

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that it is normal for cell to lose some amount of telomeric DNA in each round of cell division...and furthermore, when the telomere length is dropped to a critical point, a signal is given to stop further cell division.
So, it seems like a normal cell division will need something to replace telomere to carry on replication, therefore Answer A is the correct one.
For the next question: When the sister chromatids separate at the centromere, approaching the opposite poles, hence distance between chromatids and poles decrease----->stage is anaphase. Distance between centromeres of the sister chromatids increases as they are leaving each other, going away from each other. So the answer is A I guess, I didn't check MS
I checked the MS both answers are A.
I guess I should read more.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Double stranded DNA contains 120 nucleotides. During transcription, only one strand will be transcripted, so one strand of DNA contains 60 nucleotides. mRNA will also contain 60 nucleotides. Each amino acid contains a trilplet code of 3 bases (nucleotides). So no. of amino acids in the 60-nucleotide-long polypeptde will be : 60/3=20 amino acids

Reaction score
answer is A right?
Because since it said keh DNA has 120 nucleotides so then MRNA has only 60 nucleotides.
And 3 codon code for 1 protien so the number of amino acids would be of 20 i.e 60 / 3 .
Hope it answers
Double stranded DNA contains 120 nucleotides. During transcription, only one strand will be transcripted, so one strand of DNA contains 60 nucleotides. mRNA will also contain 60 nucleotides. Each amino acid contains a trilplet code of 3 bases (nucleotides). So no. of amino acids in the 60-nucleotide-long polypeptde will be : 60/3=20 amino acids
Ty!

Reaction score
C answer?
If the answer is C then because the data says that the bacteria was allowed only ONCE to replicate in medium with N 14 .So Alla the DNA molecules that were N15 before would all have their complementart base pairing with N14 necloetides
Yes it is C.But I don't understand.