• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2012 Math IGCSE

Reaction score
well im gonna say that there's gonna be trignometry including either the sine rule or the cosine rule. as it did not appear in paper 2. they always ask trignometry. another is maybe transformation. they asked a lot of transformation with matrices in paper 2. i also suspect quadratic equation, direct variation, sets, and plotting graphs.. another question they always ask is vectors. where they ask 'express the following in terms of ' this is a question they always ask. the quadratic is easy for me and we always get 4 marks off of it.

also another question about paper 2. does anyone know the answer to the question where it gave us the scale value and actual value of a car's windshield (i think), and trunk. we had to find the 3 missing values. it was worth 3 marks and i think i lost those 3 marks.

well paper 4 is tomorrow and cant wait for it to get over so i can get maths over with.

Reaction score
well im gonna say that there's gonna be trignometry including either the sine rule or the cosine rule. as it did not appear in paper 2. they always ask trignometry. another is maybe transformation. they asked a lot of transformation with matrices in paper 2. i also suspect quadratic equation, direct variation, sets, and plotting graphs.. another question they always ask is vectors. where they ask 'express the following in terms of ' this is a question they always ask. the quadratic is easy for me and we always get 4 marks off of it.

also another question about paper 2. does anyone know the answer to the question where it gave us the scale value and actual value of a car's windshield (i think), and trunk. we had to find the 3 missing values. it was worth 3 marks and i think i lost those 3 marks.

well paper 4 is tomorrow and cant wait for it to get over so i can get maths over with.
for the area, we were supposed 2 square da ratio of da two models. n for da volume, we were supposed 2 cube da ratios. if u remember da question, i cn xplain it in better words.

Reaction score
for the area, we were supposed 2 square da ratio of da two models. n for da volume, we were supposed 2 cube da ratios. if u remember da question, i cn xplain it in better words.
i really dont remember it well but by what you said i think i got 2 marks. thanks for the help.