• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2012 Math IGCSE

Reaction score
Hey hows the maths paper yesterday?
so i think there is no curve,cause the exam was lil'easy
hmmm i wish there was :(

Reaction score
As per syllabus 2012 it is in page 42 of43 A* minimum 90% of total marks in paper 2 + paper 4 ( paper 2 =70, paper 4 = 140)
if you get (total 180 from 200) and above for total marks then you will get A*

Percentage uniform marks are also provided on each candidate’s Statement of Results to supplement their

grade for a syllabus. They are determined in this way:

• A candidate who obtains…

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade E obtains a percentage uniform mark of 40%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade F obtains a percentage uniform mark of 30%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade G obtains a percentage uniform mark of 20%.

… no marks receives a percentage uniform mark of 0%.

What if you got 170 outta of 200?

Reaction score
no they don't but they like to credit students as much as possible :) so dont be scared

Reaction score
um...Im guessing that there SHOULD BE A CURVE like i said before, they love to credit!:barefoot:

Reaction score
5x+4y=10
14=2y-kx
y = mX+C
4y = -5X+10
y = (-5/4) X +10/4

2y = kX+14
y = (k/2) X+14/2
Hence two equations is parallel , then they have the same gradient( m)
Then k/2 = - 5/4 k = -10/4 = -2.5
plz plz help me in this question
0580: 2009 o/n q8 last part, plz explain it to me..

MTH

Reaction score
Firstly, you have to find the area of one bar on the graph, eg: the one that the question gave (5.5<t<6.0)

Find the area of the bar
- On the Y-axis(frequency density), between 0-10 equal to 2 cm. Hence, 0-36 equal to 7.2 cm. The height of the bar is 7.2 cm.
- The base of the bar is 1 cm because the length of each minute is 2cm.
- So the area of the bar is 7.2 x 1 = 7.2 cm square.

Compare with 1 cm square
- 7.2 cm square equal to 18 students then 1 cm square equal to ????
- Just take 18 divided by 7.2 and you will get 2.5

Hope it will help you understand better :)

Reaction score
The math exam doesn't have to be similar to the previous years, they change it every 3 or 4 years.