• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2012 Math IGCSE

Reaction score
i did paper 22 and it was easy but can anyone discuss with me the answers?( whoever has done it )

Reaction score
um there was a question in my paper saying:
find the k in these equations of lines:
5x+4y=10
14=2y-kx

What i did is i simply rearranged them, then i put (-5) as k because it is a parallel line therefore gradients are equal right????
(n):cry:

Reaction score
Guys. Help me out please. For the rotational symmetry question. for part a) i put I. for b) i put only N. not I. will I lose anything? and the inequality I got the final answer incorrect as i put 0<x<4.5. And for the function I exanded the x + 2 cubed. Will I lose anything? And what's the minimum for A*? Thanks :)

Reaction score
um there was a question in my paper saying:
find the k in these equations of lines:
5x+4y=10
14=2y-kx
What i did is i simply rearranged them, then i put (-5) as k because it is a parallel line therefore gradients are equal right????
(n):cry:
dude!!!!!!! you were supposed to rearrange it as y=mx+c then check the m, its 5/2 or 5/4 sth, i dont remember :p

Reaction score
what u guys put in the box above area and volume...were we even supposed to do it ???

Reaction score
what!? i put specifications....and were we supposed to show working for area and volume cuz i just put in the answer :/

Reaction score
Guys. Help me out please. For the rotational symmetry question. for part a) i put I. for b) i put only N. not I. will I lose anything? and the inequality I got the final answer incorrect as i put 0<x<4.5. And for the function I exanded the x + 2 cubed. Will I lose anything? And what's the minimum for A*? Thanks :)
the enequality one u had to write the values of x . the answer was 1,2,3 and 4
and the function one i extended it and got 2x^3+12x^2+24x+16

Reaction score
There is no limit for A* until they mark all the papers. They decide the grade boundaries according to how well everyone does. Lowering them if everyone screws up and vice versa.

Reaction score
dude!!!!!!! you were supposed to rearrange it as y=mx+c then check the m, its 5/2 or 5/4 sth, i dont remember :p
5x+4y=10
14=2y-kx
y = mX+C
4y = -5X+10
y = (-5/4) X +10/4

2y = kX+14
y = (k/2) X+14/2
Hence two equations is parallel , then they have the same gradient( m)
Then k/2 = - 5/4 k = -10/4 = -2.5

Reaction score
There is no limit for A* until they mark all the papers. They decide the grade boundaries according to how well everyone does. Lowering them if everyone screws up and vice versa.

As per syllabus 2012 it is in page 42 of43 A* minimum 90% of total marks in paper 2 + paper 4 ( paper 2 =70, paper 4 = 140)
if you get (total 180 from 200) and above for total marks then you will get A*

Percentage uniform marks are also provided on each candidate’s Statement of Results to supplement their

grade for a syllabus. They are determined in this way:

• A candidate who obtains…

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade E obtains a percentage uniform mark of 40%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade F obtains a percentage uniform mark of 30%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade G obtains a percentage uniform mark of 20%.

… no marks receives a percentage uniform mark of 0%.

Reaction score
why do u guys take maths that u r very weak in that subject
better then take core if u feel maths extended is hard