• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business : Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Btw....in most marking schemes it says u need to get around 64/100 for an A..So how bout for A*?

Reaction score
How to get an A* in business studies
Do all the recent past papers and for paper 2 and 6 mark questions in paper 1 structure ur answers so that they start with an intro/definiton then 2-3 points depending on how many marks and then giving reason for why u said something

Reaction score
Do i have to learn the motivation theories?? please reply as soon as possible

Reaction score
Do i have to learn the motivation theories?? please reply as soon as possible
Ye you should , they dont ask u about them but if u use them to answer motivation questions u can get a few marks extra like saying for example "whatever this person said agrees with taylor's theory of motivating by money and pay related motivators"

Reaction score
Draw an organisational chart in the space below that might be appropriate for a
large manufacturing business that operates and sells in many countries.
I think we have to a long chain of command and different varieties , am I correct? do we also have to name the departments if they ask a question like this?

Reactions: lol
Reaction score
What is bureaucratic if anyone can tell me WHAT IT MEANS IN BUSINESS ITS FREAKIN ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Calm down , bureacratic is a type of leadership that involves following the rules and doing everything exactly the way it should be , its good because the rules are being followed but the rules might be strictly followed which is bad

Reaction score
I think we have to a long chain of command and different varieties , am I correct? do we also have to name the departments if they ask a question like this?

It says its a large business , so you can have it like this : wide structure with large span of control for managers OR tall structure with long chain of command like you said

Reaction score
Please, I am so, so scared of how to evaluate a business question. For example in paper 12 2011 it says How important are low prices in the long term success of the company? Justify.

I have explained two points....the importance of reputation and competition but how do I conclude?

Also, what is the importance of the cash flow forecast and the profit and loss account to the bank manager? How do you explain it? See ques 2 d in the same paper.

Reaction score
Calm down , bureacratic is a type of leadership that involves following the rules and doing everything exactly the way it should be , its good because the rules are being followed but the rules might be strictly followed which is bad
Thank u!

Reaction score
Please, I am so, so scared of how to evaluate a business question. For example in paper 12 2011 it says How important are low prices in the long term success of the company? Justify.

I have explained two points....the importance of reputation and competition but how do I conclude?

Also, what is the importance of the cash flow forecast and the profit and loss account to the bank manager? How do you explain it? See ques 2 d in the same paper.

it's simple , you can start by saying something like "prices is one of the factors that determine the success of the business but its not the only thing" , then you can say a few points like low prices are bad cause of low sales but they are good cause they will stand out infront of competition and you can conclude with saying a 1-2 line opinion / suggestion.

for 2nd one , cashflow forecast tells you how much money is going in the business and how much is going out basically and profit and loss just tells them how much profit theyre making and how much theyre losing . its important so they know whether or not to change their products , do more research , come up with new ones , lower their prices , higher their prices , use a different supplier u can suggest many things and also conclude it

Reaction score

sorry for the previous post xtreme had messed up the layout!
dis is wat usha had told us for this qn

CEO
-> legal advisor
ASIA EUROPE AMERICA AUSTRALIA

under asia
HR director
HR manager

under europe
finance director
finance manager
accountant clerks

under america