• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
He peered out of the window, through the lustrous two-way glass fashioned between the squared metal frame. He could see everything out at the beach, even though the rain-drops had adsorbed themselves to the inert material, for his imagination was boundless. This five-star hotel, the luxury apartment, a plain view of the beach with just sand and sea in sight occurred to him as the most comfortable thing in the world. Yet, there, in a corner of his heart, deep down, deep-deep down, he was relentless. He was breathing, yes, inhaling the air to the fullest, but he wanted to taste its flavors, to devour any odors it brought along. It was this moment, when his mind went blank all of a sudden, and he gripped the mug in his right hand even more tightly. Not letting the single drop of water escape his waterline, he brought the mug to his lips, and sipped the hot chocolate. As the liquid ran through his esophagus, he felt an alarming incompleteness in his soul. He opened his eyes really wide, and decided to let himself free. As he slackened the grip on the mug, the object flew through the fingers, dropped to the floor and 'crack'.
'Ouch!' He bit his lip. 'Damn! Whatever on the earth is wrong with me', he murmured. But then he smiled, and the smile curved into a wider smile, and he grinned unknowingly. For the first time in his life for so many years now, he had shattered his idolatry of perfection, to achieve the inner satiation. A feel of being connected, a feeling of being a human, again.

(OK This is a little out-of-the-mind one, but I'm glad it is readable) :p

Reaction score
He peered out of the window, through the lustrous two-way glass fashioned between the squared metal frame. He could see everything out at the beach, even though the rain-drops had adsorbed themselves to the inert material, for his imagination was boundless. This five-star hotel, the luxury apartment, a plain view of the beach with just sand and sea in sight occurred to him as the most comfortable thing in the world. Yet, there, in a corner of his heart, deep down, deep-deep down, he was relentless. He was breathing, yes, inhaling the air to the fullest, but he wanted to taste its flavors, to devour any odors it brought along. It was this moment, when his mind went blank all of a sudden, and he gripped the mug in his right hand even more tightly. Not letting the single drop of water escape his waterline, he brought the mug to his lips, and sipped the hot chocolate. As the liquid ran through his esophagus, he felt an alarming incompleteness in his soul. He opened his eyes really wide, and decided to let himself free. As he slackened the grip on the mug, the object flew through the fingers, dropped to the floor and 'crack'.
'Ouch!' He bit his lip. 'Damn! Whatever on the earth is wrong with me', he murmured. But then he smiled, and the smile curved into a wider smile, and he grinned unknowingly. For the first time in his life for so many years now, he had shattered his idolatry of perfection, to achieve the inner satiation. A feel of being connected, a feeling of being a human, again.

(OK This is a little out-of-the-mind one, but I'm glad it is readable) :p
i wonder wats happening? :p

Reaction score
He peered out of the window. He was there, as motionless as if he cannot move. And surely, Scarecrows can't move, can they? But I knew this one, he moved at nights. Nobody believed me, and yet I still see him moving. Here he is now, lifting his head to absorb the surroundings. Shadows have covered him, and I don't like him like that. He is now moving his head sideways, cautiously, not wanting his secret to be exposed. Shit! he saw me. Wait, what?! He is standing. I've never seen him stand. He's moving now, slow steps to start with. He is gaining momentum. Hey wait, he is coming towards me! No, he can't run now! Those eyes! Dad where are you?! He's coming for me, Dad!
Nice shot Edward, take some rest and we'll start with the next scene.

Reaction score
He peered out of the window. He was there, as motionless as if he cannot move. And surely, Scarecrows can't move, can they? But I knew this one, he moved at nights. Nobody believed me, and yet I still see him moving. Here he is now, lifting his head to absorb the surroundings. Shadows have covered him, and I don't like him like that. He is now moving his head sideways, cautiously, not wanting his secret to be exposed. Shit! he saw me. Wait, what?! He is standing. I've never seen him stand. He's moving now, slow steps to start with. He is gaining momentum. Hey wait, he is coming towards me! No, he can't run now! Those eyes! Dad where are you?! He's coming for me, Dad!
Nice shot Edward, take some rest and we'll start with the next scene.
you can do better than that ... papers going on?

Reaction score
il change the genre later
here goes for now
" the smell in the house was getting worse"

Reaction score
The smell in the house was getting worse. She is mad and so are her dishes. I'm sure she's upto something, thought Josh. He sneaked up on the kitchen door and peeking in, saw his Old grumpy aunt. Soup for the legs, eyeballs with cheese and, yes, a finger salad. They will love Josh served! What?! I told mom before that she looked mad to me and now I'm sure, She wants to cooj me! Oh mom, where are you? Wake up Joshua Peters, it's 10 in the morning now. Oh thank God it was just a dream. And yes, be ready in five minutes because Serving Takes Alot Of Time.

Reaction score
and there you go with genre change
" silvery flakes drifted down glittering in the bright light of the harvest moon"

Reaction score
The smell in the house was getting worse. She is mad and so are her dishes. I'm sure she's upto something, thought Josh. He sneaked up on the kitchen door and peeking in, saw his Old grumpy aunt. Soup for the legs, eyeballs with cheese and, yes, a finger salad. They will love Josh served! What?! I told mom before that she looked mad to me and now I'm sure, She wants to cooj me! Oh mom, where are you? Wake up Joshua Peters, it's 10 in the morning now. Oh thank God it was just a dream. And yes, be ready in five minutes because Serving Takes Alot Of Time.
u need tym and care lil bro :/

Reaction score
He peered out of the window… the lawn and the garage was as he had left them ten years ago. Beautiful memories of the past flooded him and he felt pleasantly sweet thinking about them. Thinking about his old self made him realize how completely he had changed during his years abroad. A land where everything was a competition, where valuable things valued little. It was a place where smiles were weighed, tears scrutinized and hugs commercial. He took in a deep breath, the room was full of his grandmothers smell; the smell of jasmine flowers. He smiled yet again.

Umar Khattab turned to see his grandmother’s room, he was feeling like a human after a very long time. Emotions were being easy to express as he was alone… with no eyes to judge him as an extremist…as an extremely emotional person… and no one to call him fake at his tears. Umar had come back to the most beautiful place in the world. He was back home. Sure there were regrets of not having come before, when her grandmother had been alive but he could do nothing about it. He wanted nothing more than her to place her hand affectionately on his head. But she was gone… and Umar sufficed by shedding some tears on her pillow instead, which too, smelled of jasmine.
Umar Khattab, so named by her grandmother, raised his head from the pillow and sensed the place to be alive even when the grandmother was not there. It glowed without light, was warm without heat and it smelled beautiful without perfume. Suddenly he felt an urge to look at her grandma. But she didn’t use to put up pictures in the room; it disturbed her prayers she had once told him. Umar got up and started fumbling inside the closet; he was getting unnerved for some reason, impatient. He grabbed everything he could and spilled it onto the floor… and instead of finding a picture, he found the praying mat instead. Feelings gushed into him bringing along memories with it. Her grandma always used to pray on this mat. As a child he had been fascinated by the pretty patterns upon it, now however it seemed to be demanding something from him, as if it were asking questions.
Umar did not like this incomplete feeling, thinking that this has to do something with the loss of someone close to his heart, he turned and headed towards the door, but as he reached it he felt he was leaving something behind… he turned and said it out aloud to himself “ What is it that I’m forgetting?”. A voice answering his question startled him… it was the voice of azan. For the first time in life his heart was asking him to do strange things… to relive her grandmother’s memories more than anything he took off his shoes and went to do the ablution. He reminded himself that he was only praying as a respect to her grandma’s soul.

It was only after reciting Al-fatiha that he realized he did not remember too many Surah. He sufficed with surah al ikhlaas. His body was struggling inside… his insides tussled with each other, he did not know what he was feeling. Umar’s heart was feeling much heavy,but his soul was being overcome by something cool, something soothing, like the essence of mint. His chest felt so constricted with depression that he would not have been surprised if his chest had burst open and his heart escaped from it. It seemed like the most simple thing to do, to bow down in an exercise, but that day it was taking everything Umar had to bow down to the Eternal Being.

With much effort he forced himself to bow down in front of Allah, bending not only his back, but with it, his will, his ego, his pride, his pleasure and his dignity. Having successfully done the bowing … it was now time for the hard part. But now the battle had been won, the soul took over triumphantly… instead of gently lowering himself on the floor Umar Khattab fell to his knees, and then to his hands, down to the floor went his nose, his forehead and his ego, prostrating in front of Allah for the first time in ten years.
Umar did whatever his body asked him to… whatever gave him peace… and at that moment breaking down like a child of five, telling his problems, his needs and his wants to Allah gave him peace. Asking Allah for forgiveness gave him peace. He stayed bowed for a long long time and felt satisfied like he had not for many years. When he was leaving the house Umar turned to look back at the house for the last time. No, this visit had not cured his uneasiness… but it had surely revealed the way in which it was to be cured. Smiling he sat inside his car and began a new journey.

badrobot14

Reaction score
New line....... silvery flakes drifted down glittering in the bright light of the harvest moon"