• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
Okay, I'm gonna attempt that one too(Though it mayn't be that good)! :D

'Come in!' said the voice, and she was startled. She never thought it would happen, never imagined she would be called up for it. Unknowingly, she pushed the door open, a hidden force propelling her, with her eyes shut tightly. Unfortunately, she hadn't just opened the door - she had banged it against the wall. The 'bang' actually startled her, and she looked around the room alarmingly. There was - no one! Surprisingly, she paced towards the big table laden with files and folder. The chair was empty and the table all set, as if no one had been there ever before. Maybe he's in the bathroom, she thought, better I'd wait. She spotted a comfortable sofa on the right, and sat down there. Moments later, she heard footsteps in the corridor, and then who would appear but Asjid Khan who's office it was.
'Ms. Nida? How did you ever enter my office when I had locked it with these keys?'
'I - you?'And she couldn't do anything else, but stammer!

(I know this isn't very good; I'd never had any luck with short stories) :p
whoa niceee!
bdw Asjad is my brother's name:cautious:

Reaction score
hmm there is more but writing the whole thing takes time... its a thriller

“Come in” said the voice. Ray entered the principal’s office, bracing himself. He had been involved in so many practical jokes that he wondered which one he’d be chastised upon. He stood there without looking at Professor Calvert, who did not offer him to take a seat.

“It seems that I have finally met what they call a “hopeless case”. What do you get by hurting bullying and cajoling innocent students?” he asked indignantly. “Don’t their tears bring you back to your senses???” he stared at Ray who was staring the laces of his shoes hardly taking in what the professor was saying. “One more practical joke!!!” he said waving his fist dangerously in the air “one more practical joke Mr. Raymond and you will find yourself expelled… Do I make myself clear?”
“Yes sir” replied Ray casually “can I go now sir?”
Shocked though the professor was he nodded his head as he really did not have anything else to say. The young man had clearly not taken him seriously. Something else needs to be done; he thought as he picked up the intercom on his table and called in the peon.
“Fetch me Drake… tell him it’s… urgent” was all that professor said.

Raymond Harcourt took nothing seriously in life. It was this art (according to him) that was to be achieved in order to gain happiness. Whenever his friends asked him to stop this non sense he would simply reply “Why don’t these people get even?” Ray was very proud of his negative creativity; this reply would leave his friends, teachers and parents speechless. At the moment he did not have enough time to care for expulsion. Who was Professor Calvert kidding; it’s the last week of the final semester.

When evening arrived Ray smiled yet again at the stupidity of his principal as he saw two envelopes lying on his desk. One he recognized from the logo to be from his school. He opened it and read the invitation of the farewell dinner at the end of the week. The other envelope however he did not recognize. He opened it and failed to recognize the handwriting. It was not until he looked at the bottom of the one lined letter that he realized what it meant. He gazed in horror at the pattern made of numbers and alphabets…which was the only thing written on the letter apart from…

“When the clock strikes twelve… await my arrival”

Reaction score
ok this would turn into completely something else in my hands xD

Reaction score
i loved what you just wrote, please a write a full one on that, u havent updated in some time

Reaction score
Muaz threw the carton onto the floor with a loud thud. It became apparent that he demanded attention, which he was certainly given. Everybody in the bank turned towards the disturbance. Act cool boy, its easy, thought Maaz. Ali would be here any minute, I just need to carry on with the plan. Picking out his desert eagle from the carton, he raised it upwards and shouted, You know what I'm here for, just do it quietly and nobody gets hurt. Ali told me to head straight to the vault, make them open it, and wait for him. I know he has skills that few are blessed with, picking locks with just a pin, and not just locks, digital ones! He's ultra clever too, and I know he'll find a way to do this thing the best way, I just need to wait, Muaz dreamt as he walked with the manager towards the vault. The manager typed the code on the digital keypad and waited for the 5 inch metal door to swing open. Ali really had done it the best way he could. The vault was empty.

Reaction score
A certain rich businessperson had a beautiful daughter, who fell in love with a guy who was a cleaner. When the girl's father came to know about their love, he did not like it at all, and so began to protest about it.
Now, the two lovers decided to leave their homes for a happy future.
The girl's father started searching for the two lovers but could not find them. At last, he accepted their love and asked them to come back home thru a local newspaper. Her father said, "If you both come back I will allow you to marry the guy you love, I accept that you loved each other truly."
Therefore, in this way, their love won and they returned home.
The couple next day went to town to shop for the wedding dress. He was dressed in a white shirt that day. While he was crossing the road to the other side to get some drinks for his wife, suddenly from the next corner, a lorry came at a fantastic speed and hit him. He died on the spot.
The girl was devastated and lost her senses. It was only after sometime that
she recovered from her shock. The funeral and cremation was the next day because he had died horribly.
Father felt very sad for his daughter. He told his daughter, "See, This is all divine will. I know I should not be talking to you so soon. However, I cannot bear the pathetic sight of you like this for the rest of my life. I beg you; please try to come out of this sorrow. I want you to marry again and live happily forever. My partner's son is willing to marry you." The girl, who was already so sad, now felt sorry for her father also.
Two nights later, the girl's mother had a dream in which she saw an old lady. The old lady asked her mother to wash the bloodstains of the guy from her daughter's dress as soon as possible. But her mother ignored the dream.
The next night her father had the same dream, he also ignored it. Then the
girl had the same dream the next night; she woke up in fear and told her mother about the dream. Her mother asked her to wash the clothes with the bloodstains immediately.
She washed the stains but some remained. Next night she again had the same dream. She again washed the stains but some remained. But again, the next night she had the same dream and this time the old lady gave her a last warning to wash the bloodstain, or else something terrible would happen.
This time the girl tried her best to wash the stains, and the clothes nearly tore, but some stains remained. She was very tired.
In the late evening the same day while she was alone at home, someone knocked on the door. When she opened the door, she saw the same old lady of her dream standing at her door. Her face was pale. She seemed to be half asleep or in a trance. The girl got very scared and fainted. And slowly she slipped, and slipped down to a bottomless pit. She lost any idea of time.
The old lady woke her up. She gave her a blue object, which shocked the girl.
She asked the old lady, "What is this...?"
The old lady started singing in unbelievably melodious semi divine voice.
"Washing powder Nirma, Washing powder Nirma
Doodh si safedi Nirma se aaye,
Rangeen kapde bhi khil khil jaye,
Washing powder Nirma, Washing powder Nirma. Nirma"
10 ka 1, do pe. ek free
The girl bought two and got one free!
If you got irritated on seeing this, share it with your friends to tease them!