• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
<---------------ok Muhammad TAimoor here u go. write a short stoty on this pic... n for a change ....
u shud include these wrds ... camping... night... cold ...friends..... movement .... joke.
also try to be descriptive... :) lets c how u do in this one!

Reaction score
The night was dark and cold. He felt brave as he sated himself comfortably on the cushion. They think I'm a nerd, I don't do daring things. This'll probably prove them wrong, he thought. It was dead silent, and it had to be, he was camping alone in the graveyard. His friends wanted him to do it, and he certainly was doing it the best way. Ready for your dirty tricks my dear friends, he smiled at the thought. Something cracked behind the tent, catching his attention immediately. Here it goes, he murmured. Picking himself, he went for his grey dark mask to scare them too. Putting the gas lamp off, he sat in the corner, waiting in dead black silence. Something moved outside, then floated in mid air to reach the tent's opening. He could only see a shadow. Cool effects! he smiled in excitement. The figure unzipped the tent, and stepped inside. It glowed with the dark, and he couldn't figure out it's proper shape. It was there and not there at the same time. It's time, he thought. Suddenly jumping up with a quick move, he stood right in front of the thing, with his mask on and screamed hard to scare the hell out of his expected friend. However, all he received was an answer, "Seriously?"

Reaction score
The night was dark and cold. He felt brave as he sated himself comfortably on the cushion. They think I'm a nerd, I don't do daring things. This'll probably prove them wrong, he thought. It was dead silent, and it had to be, he was camping alone in the graveyard. His friends wanted him to do it, and he certainly was doing it the best way. Ready for your dirty tricks my dear friends, he smiled at the thought. Something cracked behind the tent, catching his attention immediately. Here it goes, he murmured. Picking himself, he went for his grey dark mask to scare them too. Putting the gas lamp off, he sat in the corner, waiting in dead black silence. Something moved outside, then floated in mid air to reach the tent's opening. He could only see a shadow. Cool effects! he smiled in excitement. The figure unzipped the tent, and stepped inside. It glowed with the dark, and he couldn't figure out it's proper shape. It was there and not there at the same time. It's time, he thought. Suddenly jumping up with a quick move, he stood right in front of the thing, with his mask on and screamed hard to scare the hell out of his expected friend. However, all he received was an answer, "Seriously?"
this is nice... exciting genre... but i dun get u. i dun get wats happening. :/ especially last sentence. also ur english looks shabby atm. read sumthing. this happens wen ur out of reading habbit.

where as its awesome too. an exciting story bro! well done!(y)

Reaction score
ok check it out!

Its an waitin area of some small city airport. The hero may be a teenager is told by the receptinist that all the flights wud be cancelled that day. there is no cab in sight to take him bak to his hotel...he turns bak to find all the people in the waiting room looking at him with a unnerving stare.

watcha think Muhammad TAimoor

Reaction score
ok check it out!

Its an waitin area of some small city airport. The hero may be a teenager is told by the receptinist that all the flights wud be cancelled that day. there is no cab in sight to take him bak to his hotel...he turns bak to find all the people in the waiting room looking at him with a unnerving stare.

watcha think Muhammad TAimoor
start in ur own words tho. i dun care much bout grammar wen im giving ideas :)

Reaction score
No cabs in sight, an hour late flight, tensed morning, no breakfast and now, rain. His day kept worsening. Heading back inside the passenger lounge, he kept thinking about the package. These drugs are surely giving me a hard time, he thought as he settled on his chair. Act cool, like you have nothing to hide, the dealer said to him. Yeah sure, 6 hours late flight, no cabs, a rainstorm, and he says Keep your cool! he murmured looking down to the floor. Suddenly, he noticed it. The pin-drop silence. He gazed up to see the cause. Everyone was eyeing him hard. Every single one. "Shit!" his mind raced. He stood up. Every eye followed. Pacing towards the exit, he sensed someone following him. From the corner of his eye, he saw security personnel behind him, moving towards him too. Where did i go wrong? How can I get caught? his thoughts pierced his stamina. It's all over Martin, it's all over. Someone shouted from behind, but his immersion in deep thoughts neglected the call. Weakening legs, slowing pace, and breathlessness contributed to his fall. He went down on the floor, knees first, and throwing the package towards the followers, he shouted,"Here it is, the package, its all yours! I was forced to deliver it! Please, I didn't do anything!" Feeling the cold floor on his knees, he realized that under his suited coat, he was just wearing shorts.

Reaction score
No cabs in sight, an hour late flight, tensed morning, no breakfast and now, rain. His day kept worsening. Heading back inside the passenger lounge, he kept thinking about the package. These drugs are surely giving me a hard time, he thought as he settled on his chair. Act cool, like you have nothing to hide, the dealer said to him. Yeah sure, 6 hours late flight, no cabs, a rainstorm, and he says Keep your cool! he murmured looking down to the floor. Suddenly, he noticed it. The pin-drop silence. He gazed up to see the cause. Everyone was eyeing him hard. Every single one. "Shit!" his mind raced. He stood up. Every eye followed. Pacing towards the exit, he sensed someone following him. From the corner of his eye, he saw security personnel behind him, moving towards him too. Where did i go wrong? How can I get caught? his thoughts pierced his stamina. It's all over Martin, it's all over. Someone shouted from behind, but his immersion in deep thoughts neglected the call. Weakening legs, slowing pace, and breathlessness contributed to his fall. He went down on the floor, knees first, and throwing the package towards the followers, he shouted,"Here it is, the package, its all yours! I was forced to deliver it! Please, I didn't do anything!" Feeling the cold floor on his knees, he realized that under his suited coat, he was just wearing shorts.
AWESOME! :D gud to have u bak!

Reaction score
Muhammad TAimoor anotha one. make it a sad one without thrill
ashton-lane-west-end-glasgow-scotland-setts-cobblestones-night-lonely-simple-eerie-mysterious-street-photography-city-urban-bw-black-white-bw-monochrome-nikon-d700-cartwright.jpg

Reaction score
His eyes were wet, his hands shivering, not because of the cold, but because of the fear that began to dwell in his heart. The night turned even darker, the street endless. He felt lost, and defeated, even by his shadow that was limbering ahead of him. "This world is cruel" thoughts gathering inside his little, weak mind. "You'll have to be brave, and nothing can hurt you as long as I'm by your side" he kept hearing these comforting words, and wished it wasn't over for her, that she was still by his side. But, it all happened. Time doesn't wait, and neither did she. She was gone now, far away in the lands from where no one returned, from where no echoes emerged. He was alone now, one against the world. He kept running, and the dark avenue ran with him. It was endless, just like the love she gave him. Her voice, her charm, her warm hug, her everything. He started crying, tears rolling down his soft cheeks, but this time, there was no one to wipe them off, no one to wrap arms around him. He was broken. After all, he had lost his mother.

Reaction score
His eyes were wet, his hands shivering, not because of the cold, but because of the fear that began to dwell in his heart. The night turned even darker, the street endless. He felt lost, and defeated, even by his shadow that was limbering ahead of him. "This world is cruel" thoughts gathering inside his little, weak mind. "You'll have to be brave, and nothing can hurt you as long as I'm by your side" he kept hearing these comforting words, and wished it wasn't over for her, that she was still by his side. But, it all happened. Time doesn't wait, and neither did she. She was gone now, far away in the lands from where no one returned, from where no echoes emerged. He was alone now, one against the world. He kept running, and the dark avenue ran with him. It was endless, just like the love she gave him. Her voice, her charm, her warm hug, her everything. He started crying, tears rolling down his soft cheeks, but this time, there was no one to wipe them off, no one to wrap arms around him. He was broken. After all, he had lost his mother.
nice but the other one was better. this one was so beautiful k i cant tell you. v

He held her hand tightly, never wanting to let her go. Her eyes glittered even in the cold grey morning. Her smile, as everlasting and fresh as always, was right on her lips ready to greet him. He never wanted to do this, but money was more important. Gentle morning breeze brushed past her hairs as she turned her head to see the pigeons flying in circles. Her mouth opened with joy at the wonderful scene, and his heart began to soften for her. But his job was superior than his emotions, his vow was more important. I need to do this right now. He looked around for people, the park was empty. Sighing at realizing this was the moment, he took out his gun. His thoughts began to race. He saw the bag at the far end of the street, stuffed with hundred dollar bills, waiting for him to pick them up, only after the job's done. But are they better than this little girl's smile, her shining little eyes, her weak little movements? He tried to drift his thoughts towards the objective. I need to do it no matter what, he struggled. Pointing the gun out towards her head, he waited for her response. She glanced at the cold steel of the gun, then towards his eyes. She smiled. He shot her, left the silent body there, and headed towards his reward. He did it for nothing. The bag was empty.

Reaction score
Haha but your stories are longer, and thats what people require nowadays. Short stories are just for fun. You can write novels which is better! :D
Novel my kind of thing but nice taimoor stories are nice but not hard to write I still challenge you on that... I am no expert yet though... my style is different as I like longer ones but nice.

Reaction score
If I had only known this was the kind of SHort Story. Okay Taimoor tommorow class Game is on now. I am ready for it. And by the way I AM going to publish your small ahort stories :D