• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WTF CHEMISTRY PAPER 42 IS SO HARD

Reaction score
Section A was pretty easy... but Section B... I have never ever encountered such a difficult Section B .. the gt should be around 60 to 68

Reaction score
The paper wasn't hard at all, it was just the organic question(s) that screwed everyone up.
The first question was standard. Question 2 and 3 I have seen like a hundred times. Question 4 was a little different but it was manageable.
Question 5 and 6 were the only tough ones. Question 6 being the hardest. I got half of it right and half of it wrong, just hoping for a few marks out of that.
Other than those, application was 'makhan'. too easy.

Reaction score
To all those worried: Last year there was a lot of confusion about P22 and tbh I found it pretty easy but there were 1-2 completely new questions which resulted in the lowest ever GT, 36, even though other questions were totally repeated. No one predicted it could be this low but you never know with GT especially in chemistry. Predictions here about chemistry gt have been quite unreliable too.
Most of you won't even study chemistry ever now except p1/p5 so why worry? All you guys are in A2 so I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty of other difficult papers in the coming days so prepare for them and this is done now. Just do well in the remaining papers and subjects and just pray that the best happens. Good luck! :)
kitkat <3 :P Aly Emran

Reaction score
The paper was pretty much standard except for organic Q6. All other ques were very much manageable and some of them were repeated!
i expect threshold to fall below avg due to the organic ques. it was the most difficult organic ques i have ever seen.

Predicted gt : 60

Reaction score
The paper was pretty much standard except for organic Q6. All other ques were very much manageable and some of them were repeated!
i expect threshold to fall below avg due to the organic ques. it was the most difficult organic ques i have ever seen.

Predicted gt : 60
Apki mun mei ghee shakar :p

Reaction score
Losing 8 marks in organic and 3-4 in nmr. Plus 8-9 marks due to casual mistakes.
Totally screwed!
Ur not alone.... I made around 5-6marks blunder in organic and rest of around 15marks careless mistakes... Maybe more which i cannot remember(fingers crossed)