• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WHICH IS THE BEST ENGINEERING UNIVERSITY IN PAKISTAN?

Reaction score
Logically if u have straight a's in a-levels than u should not have to be sorted out on the bases of intermediate course in any sort of preliminary test.

Yeah it's a bitter reality which everyone should accept, corruption is everywhere more or less whether its intermediate board or getting admission in any uni via backdoor. It's Pakistan bro. U will find a number of students getting failed in semester exams in giki or nust, so how come they, if they come out from such high merit and selection criteria than all should be in front line. But this doesn't happen in real...
Open ur eyes buddy, all under the shades of big names u pretend not to see it, but if it's ned or intermediate than u all come up with all sort of blames. If a person can make fake inter mark sheet or a fake passport or visa than it would only take him few more money for a Cambridge maRksheet and a little bribe to pass it from scrutiny line .

Reaction score
in pakistan there are many systems you cant compare them with each others so i guess test is an only solution plus both giki and nust count your earlier marks ,and my friends in soprest for gik they say unofficially they can count up to 40% for previous academic record both show it to be 15% however.....about your clearance in nust test congrats but you cant be sure of gikis their test is different from nust ,lums and giki test based to erase the crammers as they have lesser amount of seats ,nust is more ratta based and without negitave marking too....d0 you think our fsc system is that pure that you can make 100% selection based on it??? no it is not trust me....yes its horrible you worked hard in 4 years and then on one giki or nust test you have a bad day but thats what i guess life is,you must have some luck factor to get into these universities i agree but their selection is purer

well said bro. there exists the thing luck factor. it is something which infuriates me tooo badly. NEd is awsome I too agree, ther is awsome outline of fsc pre-engineering syllabus, there are awsome students of fsc too. no doubt. but just a hand full left, when it comes to comparision between other fsc ones which we can find all in our neighbourhood. On the contrary well said yes there are chances of corruption in fsc more than in cambridge board.

the conclusion i would lyk to end up with, is that there are diff. uni.'s with diff. criteria, and rankings so is there diff. students with different mentality. so they will fetch there places accordingly.

Reaction score
in pakistan there are many systems you cant compare them with each others so i guess test is an only solution plus both giki and nust count your earlier marks ,and my friends in soprest for gik they say unofficially they can count up to 40% for previous academic record both show it to be 15% however.....about your clearance in nust test congrats but you cant be sure of gikis their test is different from nust ,lums and giki test based to erase the crammers as they have lesser amount of seats ,nust is more ratta based and without negitave marking too....d0 you think our fsc system is that pure that you can make 100% selection based on it??? no it is not trust me....yes its horrible you worked hard in 4 years and then on one giki or nust test you have a bad day but thats what i guess life is,you must have some luck factor to get into these universities i agree but their selection is purer
The reliability on aptitude tests has increased in order to cancel the students from Inter who cheated in getting their percentage( something that does not happen in A level). So whoever studied might just score very well on the aptitude tests too... The thing is, these universities fail to understand that A level students studied different material than Intermediatte students, and thus aptitude tests are mostly Fsc based. So A level student has to work hard even more after getting a good percentage. Universities should have different aptitude tests for candidates from different boards! In that way it is fair! But I don't think any university in Pakistan or even outside Pakistan does that... That is why it is unfair, and unfair for A level students mostly. And NED is fair for us! but students who got percentage in Inter from cheating can get admission too :\
Both of you did not read one line in my post that was :
The entry test IS THERE to eradicate those with fake results!

( And if there is such a thing, why not finish off the requirement of O/A levels and SSc/Fsc and admit students only on their own entrance test, students wont have to waste their time and money doing O/A levels , just study for the test in mind, and if they have a bad day and fail, they should go to hell, right ? )

However, the selection must be on merit, the cheaters will never be able to cross the line in the test and thus, the selection is purer!

bigscar : I totally agree on the thought that good students always find themselves in a good position whereever they go!
:)

Logically if u have straight a's in a-levels than u should not have to be sorted out on the bases of intermediate course in any sort of preliminary test.

Yeah it's a bitter reality which everyone should accept, corruption is everywhere more or less whether its intermediate board or getting admission in any uni via backdoor. It's Pakistan bro. U will find a number of students getting failed in semester exams in giki or nust, so how come they, if they come out from such high merit and selection criteria than all should be in front line. But this doesn't happen in real...
Open ur eyes buddy, all under the shades of big names u pretend not to see it, but if it's ned or intermediate than u all come up with all sort of blames. If a person can make fake inter mark sheet or a fake passport or visa than it would only take him few more money for a Cambridge maRksheet and a little bribe to pass it from scrutiny line .
^ Exactly!
There will always be a part or group which will take the easy way out, in ALL modes of life!

I too hope that will get in to some places ... because m not that bad :)
You will, my dear, Inshallah!

Reaction score
Both of you did not read one line in my post that was :
The entry test IS THERE to eradicate those with fake results!

( And if there is such a thing, why not finish off the requirement of O/A levels and SSc/Fsc and admit students only on their own entrance test, students wont have to waste their time and money doing O/A levels , just study for the test in mind, and if they have a bad day and fail, they should go to hell, right ? )

However, the selection must be on merit, the cheaters will never be able to cross the line in the test and thus, the selection is purer!

bigscar : I totally agree on the thought that good students always find themselves in a good position whereever they go!
:)

^ Exactly!
There will always be a part or group which will take the easy way out, in ALL modes of life!

You will, my dear, Inshallah!
But cheaters can always study less and pass the aptitude test of NED! Because it doesn't require much hardwork , whereas those of NUST and GIKI always require hardwork! That means people who cheated and got their high percentage can get into NED with ease, but cannot in NUST! Whether they cheat previously or not, they have to earn it, and if they cheated previously, the chances of their admissions are very narrow indeed!
And the thing about bad day and fail, it is a part of every test, right?? Even in A level , suppose someone studies so hard all year and had a bad day at the day of the exam, he can get poor grade too... In aptitude tests the chances of it are even narrower as most of the questions are not conceptual and are factual, so when one has done hardwork before the exam, he does benefit from it even more . And don't get me wrong, topics of A level are also in those tests but in a minority, so a student always gets benefit when he studied well in A level.
I know it's not fair in those aptitude tests, nor it is fair in NED completely but both are close to being fair in their own ways. If they could actually manage to produce different aptitude tests for students from different boards, then that's fair!
I think the root of the problem is the corruption in Inter board. Only the corruption hadn't been there, we might not have these problems :mad:
Anyway, I'm not being ungrateful, I got admission , Alhamdulillah.

Reaction score

In gik their is relative marking ,relative grading means number of as should be equal to number of fs....and their is some average class gpa....i have seen number of gik graduates with cgpa of under 2.5 in engro can you explain why?? i can , grading is tough there...i am just saying ned should improve its grading polices then its graduates with good percentages wont have difficulties in interviews.......enough talking on this topic i again stand behind my statement a good student would never be under any problem......

Reaction score
Heres what i think:
Giki, nust and ned are certainly the top uni of pakistan.
I have cleared giki, am aware of nust and studying in ned.
Giki and nust will judge you on the basis of aptitude test mostly which is quite unfair. This being said, if you want to pass giki you can easily do that even getting B in a level.
Ned only requires you to clear the test. The merit list is then put up on the basis of your a level result. (when i applied 13 students out of 44 had straight A*s in A level.)

Now which one of these offers quality education? None. As a matter of fact not even a single university offers such thing. What do i mean by quality education? The education with innovation and without rigidity. (not just making already existing cars, drones, etc but creating something totally new and allowed to do so). These quality education can only be found in top uni of the world. I wont blame the local uni though because we clearly have scare recourses and inadequate political fundings.

So enter the relative goods and bads. Giki is better at mechanical, nust electrical, ned chemcial/mechanical.

Moreover, the undergraduate standard, relating academic mind you, is same everywhere. Surprisingly, the courses offered per department in pakistani uni are more than that of international. For eg i had to study survey in my 1st semester. Now that disputable if its good or bad (i personally think its good. Alteast you get know ABCs).

The bottom line, even if you are studying in MIT you can turn out to be a failure in life. A person should not let the surrounding affect his abilities. Let his abilities change the surrounding. Easy to think, hard to do. I know!

Reaction score
Heres what i think:
Giki, nust and ned are certainly the top uni of pakistan.
I have cleared giki, am aware of nust and studying in ned.
Giki and nust will judge you on the basis of aptitude test mostly which is quite unfair. This being said, if you want to pass giki you can easily do that even getting B in a level.
Ned only requires you to clear the test. The merit list is then put up on the basis of your a level result. (when i applied 13 students out of 44 had straight A*s in A level.)

Now which one of these offers quality education? None. As a matter of fact not even a single university offers such thing. What do i mean by quality education? The education with innovation and without rigidity. (not just making already existing cars, drones, etc but creating something totally new and allowed to do so). These quality education can only be found in top uni of the world. I wont blame the local uni though because we clearly have scare recourses and inadequate political fundings.

So enter the relative goods and bads. Giki is better at mechanical, nust electrical, ned chemcial/mechanical.

Moreover, the undergraduate standard, relating academic mind you, is same everywhere. Surprisingly, the courses offered per department in pakistani uni are more than that of international. For eg i had to study survey in my 1st semester. Now that disputable if its good or bad (i personally think its good. Alteast you get know ABCs).

The bottom line, even if you are studying in MIT you can turn out to be a failure in life. A person should not let the surrounding affect his abilities. Let his abilities change the surrounding. Easy to think, hard to do. I know!
I totally agree. ride through life, instead of being ridden by it!

Reaction score
pies is good for post gradute studies ....
well selection creatia of every university is different , ned is on base of fsc marks only destined007 ned has leser alevels seats and most the alevels student dont prefer ned most of them who are going to ned the ones not getting good fields in nust or gik or those who have financial issues ,but lesser alevel seats means most students who come are with good grades , even if you survey nust or gik top faculties you would find most of people with straight a grade or with 2 a grades .
nust and gik consider test aswell as your previous academic record they dont fully neglect that thing point that should be noted ,i am uet graduate and know how many crammers you get when you have result as first priority.....every one has their own priority of selection its upto a university to decide its criteria ....