• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Where are the exam papers checked?

Reaction score
No :D
But The examiners here in Pakistan are also British . Just that they have Pakistan Heritage but British Nationality . So they are in the exact meaning ,The Middle Men ;)
duhhhhh whatever... we get them checked. who wants to know the name anyway?? :p

Reaction score
i dont know where u people got all that info, but all that i have ever heard from all my subject teachers (who have attended numerous CIE workshops) is that ALL PAPERS WHETHER IT BE ENGLISH, URDU, PAKISTAN STUDIES OR WHATEVER ARE SENT TO BRITAIN TO CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY TO BE CHECKED.

someone said earlier in this post that the christian examiners are biased and unfair to Islamiat students, or that british examiners dont check pakistan studies papers or that only pakistani examiners check urdu paper. To this i would point out that most of the cambridge recommended books on these subjects are written by BRITISH/CHRISTIAN WRITERS.

There are numerous people in Britain who are experts in all subjects. Who says there aren't any muslim examiners in Cambridge ? Who says there aren't examiners who are experts in urdu in Cambridge ? We being Asians study World History then why is it that the Britishers would not know the history of the sub-continent ?

My point is, it doesn't matter what the subject is, there are experts on the subject all over the world, not just in the native country.
And therefore, in the light of many teachers words, I believe that all the papers are sent to Britain to be checked.

IF ANYONE HAS DOUBTS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT THE CAMBRIDGE WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILS ABOUT CAMBRIDGE RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON THESE SUBJECTS.

LINK: http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/olevel/subjects

Reaction score
Arts Subjects like Pakistan Studies and Urdu are checked solely in Pakistan . Duh! You think the British examiner want to read what , over 10000 candidates write about them in an examination ( War Of Independence , British Raj , Corrupt Governance before 1857 ) And Urdu is only studied here . So Papers from Pakistan , are sent to Karachi !

I have heard people saying that the Paki papers are checked at Lahore!!!

Reaction score
Dude UCLES has no time for urdu coz they already have enough problems in checking the IGCSE. O levels is just local syndication from CIE

Reaction score
Dear namsu99, the link u gave is for every country's local cie board! thank God this O level stuff is not in USA coz their they treat each n every student equally;) here I guess O and A level students get more priorities than Matric and FSC students.

Reaction score
British council marks it and sends it to u.k.....they check it roughly to see whether the marks are fair.....they only recorrect fully the worlds toppers...others are just roughly checked.....but When students put for recorrection it is corrected by UCLES...

Reaction score
Correction
''No bribing will help" :p .This means war .

And well I've also heard that subjected related to pk are checked locally , while others are sent abroad.

I thought all of them were checked over here .. :eek:

Reaction score
Are they all sent to the UK for checking or are they checked here in Pak?

Sorry to break it to you all but the papers are either checked in Pakistan (British Council) or in Singapore (dont know why or where :p)
i had a long debate with my cousin with me supporting the idea of they being sent to UK......I LOST :D

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you all but the papers are either checked in Pakistan (British Council) or in Singapore (dont know why or where :p)
i had a long debate with my cousin with me supporting the idea of they being sent to UK......I LOST :D

Let's look at this logically !

Syllabus made by University Of Cambridge ( In Britain) .
Degree Of University of Cambridge (Which is a British degree and has weightage all over the world )
Papers made by University of Cambridge .
Copyrights on the exam papers of University of Cambridge.
Mark of University of Cambridge on the Statement of Entry.
O levels (GCE/GCSE/IGCSE) originally introduced by University of Cambridge .
Certificates are stamped with the symbol of University Of Cambridge
Books are endorced by University of Cambridge

But the Papers are checked by British Council , which has it's main office in Karachi , Pakistan!

Your right that makes a lot of sense! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Its simple...All papers are checked in Cambridge...not locally.
If you hear anything else, that means they are rumours.

Reaction score
How can you guys be so sure that the papers are sent to England/Cambridge?

all examiners check the papers with the help of the same marking scheme right? so, why bother sending the papers to Cambridge?

now how the hell are you guys so sure that those papers were checked by British people and not Pakistanis or some other third party?