• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu A or B

Are you taking Urdu A or B

• Total voters
Reaction score
in paper 2 of urdu A u know from where the questions r coming and its not unseen plus there is no translation( the toughest thing) and u have a wide option in paper 2 about 10 questions r there and u have to do only 3 of them. Urdu A p1 contains only muwazna and a letter, speech etc. So i think its easy but urdu B isnt that hard either. only translation would be a problem and u dunno what is coming and from where. In urdu A agar koi shair kay asloob ka ratta lagalay and mirat-ul-uroos samaj lay( its an interesting novel) u can get an A* and A very easily.

Firstly, yes, you do have a choice of 10 question's but a) most students don't and can't prepare the entire syllabus i.e Afsanas, ghazals, nazams and 2 novels. I for one, will be only doing the first 3. So that restricts one's choice. Moreover, there is also a system ( pattern- whichever you prefer) for answering the questions. Like if you answer the nazam question, you can't answer the ghazal one and if you answer e.g, question 1 from the nazam section, you have to do Q.2 from the Afsana or novels. So again, choice is limited. Secondly, the muwazna from Paper 1 is the singular most difficult part of the Urdu paper. No kidding, speaking from experience. And thirdly, shair kay asloob ko ratta laganay say koi faida nai hay. Is tarah ka direct question nai ata. You have to understand the shair and more often then not, you have to include ashar from his nazams or ghazals. So overall, the paper is one tough cookie.

Reaction score
B lol as I expected an A* :sick:
but it isn't hard, some of my friends expected a C and got an A :D
This will help you, as you can see in June 2012, 58.7% got an A in Urdu A and 48.3% in Urdu B :sneaky:

So A* is hard in Urdu B? :O Noo.
I've taken Urdu B now :/

Reaction score
B lol as I expected an A* :sick:
but it isn't hard, some of my friends expected a C and got an A :D
This will help you, as you can see in June 2012, 58.7% got an A in Urdu A and 48.3% in Urdu B :sneaky:

oh great :D
I agree Urdu B is a piece of cake. I so wanted to take Urdu A but somehow ended up with Urdu B :p
I wish I get an A* now ;)

Reaction score
i gave urdu A . usually the paper is not much difficult. but this yr question in nazm were made by some insane examiner. ques asked to write about revivval from the stanza of mard e momin and vice versa.

Reaction score
But I've heard that Urdu B is very easy, maybe the marking is lenient in Urdu A.

In Urdu A, the questions are already known. I mean the syllabus is fixed. A certain number of stories and poets and all that. So people easily get 24/25 in those questions and get an A*.
But in Urdu B, there are mazmoons and stuff.. in which we have to write on the spot.. and its difficult to score very high on that.
In Order to get A*, one needs 50/55 in both papers.. or more than that. That's very hard!

Reaction score
In Urdu A, the questions are already known. I mean the syllabus is fixed. A certain number of stories and poets and all that. So people easily get 24/25 in those questions and get an A*.
But in Urdu B, there are mazmoons and stuff.. in which we have to write on the spot.. and its difficult to score very high on that.
In Order to get A*, one needs 50/55 in both papers.. or more than that. That's very hard!

n to manage the word count is worst :mad:

Reaction score
I haven't given Urdu B paper in school yet.
I just took that up this june. as a subject! :/