• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

UHS MCAT (all resources compiled here)

Reaction score
Let's begin a thread here where we compile all the useful stuff, sample exams, past questions whoever has any piece of information, discussion about possible questions, preparation with respect to UHS syllabus.

In short to make this thread the ultimate MCAT resource.

So, I'll begin with links of some merit lists from last year as a starter

http://punjabstudy.com/Merit List/uhs-2011/Kemu-MBBS-admission-2011.html

http://pakmed.net/college/forum/?cat=18

UHS MCAT Syllabus:

http://www.uhs.edu.pk/mcat/ETsyllabus2012.pdf

2012 Merit Lists:
http://www.uhs.edu.pk/mcat/meritlist12.php#opm

Reaction score
- Some of the books in the market are Dogger, Jahangir, Muhammad Ayub, KIPS tests also help if you can get someone who goes there to get them to you.

- SAT II books are NOT the way to go. They are a different type of reasoning test, not an MCAT.
- Likewise, american MCAT can help to increase your knowledge but it is harder than the Pakistan MCAT so the primary focus should be stick to the UHS syllabus
- FSc books are in fact the best way out, read them very thoroughly with understanding.

MCAT Tips by a K.E student

So now a word on how to get you prepared for the test during the two years of FSc. The thing you must have repeatedly heard that MCAT comes from the books is ONE HUNDRED AND ONE PERCENT TRUE. The MCQs are from the books of Intermediate Part I and II, but with a bit different wording. The concept is the same you studied in FSc., but it has been rotated and bent in such a way as to mislead you to the wrong answer. So while you are preparing for your FSc. exams, read the book thoroughly, make concepts clear, make MCQs by yourself from the lines and formulae present in book, read the tidbits carefully. Learn information present in book. Do buy some MCQ handbooks like that of Ilmi, Azeem etc and try solving them. This will do you two goods, FSc. preparation and MCAT preparation. Underline important points in the book, scribble extra info told by the teachers in the margins. Especially for the biology section, make sure you have gone through each and every line of the book during the two years. I think two years are enough to do that. If you have prepared for FSc. in such a way, you won’t have much problem in revising things after the board exams. Even if you feel you were unable to revise things properly before the MCAT but you have studied well in FSc., things will come in your mind automatically when you will be solving a MCQ during the entrance test. That’s what happened with me! During the MCAT, things came flowing in my conscious mind from the sub-conscious one by seeing the related MCQs.

The student scored 1046/1100 0n the MCAT

Reaction score
That's how you're supposed to fill in circle. Be extra careful, UHS has a unique system of ball point shading, lol

2hnp55g.jpg

Reaction score
carbon exists as allotropes, which are different crystalline molecular forms of the same substance.
Graphite and diamond are allotropes of carbon. Diamond is non-conductor while graphite is conductor
because
a) graphite has a layered structure
b) in graphite all valence electrons are tetrahedrally bounded
c) in graphite one of the valence electron is free to move
d) graphite is soft and greasy

MCAT 2011

Reaction score
In contact process the catalyst used for conversion of SO2 to SO3 is
a) magnesium oxide
b) Aluminium oxide
c) silicon dioxide
d) vanadium pentaoxide

MCAT 2011

Reaction score
the reaction between fats and caustic soda is called
a) hydrogenolysis
b) fermentation
c) carboxylation
d) saponification

MCAT 2011

Reaction score
So, basically you should rely on the lowest merit, the highest merit can be affected by an outlier (for example by one candidate score ridiculously high and setting an above normal maximum merit). In reality, the values revolve around a specific trend, if they don't the result will be strikes on the road, loss of confidence of students and hence revenue for medical colleges . . .so the values are bound to stay stable as far as the lowest merit is concerned. So, the realistic target should be to be somewhere in the centre of the range and you are secure.

Reaction score
This year the girl who topped the MCAT scored 1088/1100 marks........
That's like only 3 mistakes in the entire test....

Reaction score
This year the girl who topped the MCAT scored 1088/1100 marks........
That's like only 3 mistakes in the entire test....
I don't know how she managed to make only 2 mistakes. :O
and she didn't even leave any question. I wonder what her marks were in FSc and Matric...!

Reaction score
Well, that was 1082 marks out of 1100, if I remember correctly. So, possibly, she left two MCQs and wronged 8, though I may be incorrect. But she wasn't really a top scorer in FSc or Matric, or else that would have been in the *google* search! :p

Reaction score
Well, that was 1082 marks out of 1100, if I remember correctly. So, possibly, she left two MCQs and wronged 8, though I may be incorrect. But she wasn't really a top scorer in FSc or Matric, or else that would have been in the *google* search! :p
it's like, 5 marks for each mcq, and -1 for each wrong one.

So she got 12 marks detected, i.e., 2 wrong question (6 marks lost per question..)

Reaction score
it's like, 5 marks for each mcq, and -1 for each wrong one.

So she got 12 marks detected, i.e., 2 wrong question (6 marks lost per question..)
I'm sorry, I still didn't get it. (I was of the opinion that 0 for a question left and -1 for a question done wrong!) Do you mean that if you leave a question, you get a -5 and if you do a question wrong, you get a -6 ??
That sounds cruel though! :p

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I still didn't get it. (I was of the opinion that 0 for a question left and -1 for a question done wrong!) Do you mean that if you leave a question, you get a -5 and if you do a question wrong, you get a -6 ??
That sounds cruel though! :p
5 marks for each questions..

now if u get a questiopn wrong, means you get zero out of 5, right?

and for each mistake u get a -1,
so in a total u lose 6 marks if you've done a ques wrong..!

Reaction score
anonymous_user THAT IS VERY CRUEL !! :( :cry:

It's +5 for a correct answer, 0 for not answering, -1 for a wrong answer.

The topper this year is Kanza Noor Butt with 1082/1100 marks on the MCAT

that means she did all 220/220 questions out of which 217 were correct hence, 217x5= 1085 and the remaining 3 questions for wrong so that is 1085 - 3 = 1082/1100