• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

twilight vs harry potter

Reaction score
which series do you think is better. for me harry potter all the way!!!!!!!! am waiting for deathly hollows part 2!!!!!! i cant wait! its gonna be HUGE!
P.S twilghts great too but harry potter is just better!

Reaction score
ammu2011 said:
Twilight ovr H.P
Twilight 4 me!
then you must be a girl(no offense if your a boy)! you just sounded like one!
P.S no offence to male twilght fans!!!!!!!!!! I'm deeply sorry if you get offended!

Reaction score
I think neither series is as good as the book. If u want to distort a good book then turn it into a movie. I almost lost my mind when I saw the extent to which the events of both series were so different to the original. Nevertheless, I prefer HP movies as he is far more bearable than Edward Cullen. I dont know what girls see in him?! I also prefer Hermione to Bella. I prefer movies that I can watch with my little siblings and discuss it together to our heart content, so probably we are going to watch HP. Twilight is just so full of romantic scenes :bad:

Reaction score
harry potter is the best eveerrrr and twilight can never be better than it!! im counting evry minute before part 2 of deathly hallows comes out!!

Reaction score
princemaazthefinal said:
ammu2011 said:
Twilight ovr H.P
Twilight 4 me!
then you must be a girl(no offense if your a boy)! you just sounded like one!
P.S no offence to male twilght fans!!!!!!!!!! I'm deeply sorry if you get offended!
Yea Im a girl.. :)

Reaction score
Twilight *sigh* The most dissapointing series I've ever read. Annnd the movies, too soppy *Barf*

Harry Potter was and is one of the best I'd say. Only Eragon surpasses it. :D

Reaction score
IM myself a huge fan of HP series(books)they are just fantastic.no novel can ever reach to such an imagination and creativity.Its like anywhere n anytime for me.i lov it sooo much.but i agree that the movies are just toooo over exaggerated,i can only bear the first n the second part as they have completely added their own stupidities and ideas that are just UNBEARABLE!!!! in all the rest of the series.We shud always read the novel first and then watch the movie cuz then we can compare their stories and characters with our own mind story.But i have to say that the HP series have followed the characters properly,almost all of them suit with their character in the novel :)

for me twilight can never be compared with harry potter,neither the movies nor the novels.
when i first saw twilight i was expectng the cullens to really have breathtaking beauty and charm but it turned out to be a complete disaster,i was really shocked to see rosaline....urrrrrghhh and jasper.... and that doctor's wife,they could have been much much better people in the movie.....the books are okayyy though; not tooo mesmerizing like harry potter which completely takes you to another wold n u just wanna keep on reading n reading...i never wanted the series to end :(

Reaction score
let Rowling read this thread sagitarius...she'll surely cast u 4 her next movie wen she'd ri8 her next HP book..!! :lol:

Reaction score
Guys
The books are for teens and adults who want a good read.
When a book becomes this popular, little children want to read them too , but when they see who healthy the books are they refrain. The movies are made so they can enjoy too , and that's why they are so lame.

I like the books better.
Although Harry Potter has a certain edge over Twilight. Twilight kinda destroyed the original vampire myth of them burning in the sun and added that they had super powers. Stephenie Mayer screwed up there. They are vampires , not superheroes .
On the other side they whole romantic aura of the series seems kind of lame, but i guess that's just me.

Now , Harry Potter is J k Rowling's masterpiece. Although i cant find any flaws in it. She kept to the original genre and moulded it into a story. So , I'm with Harry Potter , although the movies have been disappointing after Goblet of fire.