• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Starting Help :3

Reaction score
Kay So I'll be appearing for Pak studies(2059) and Islamiat(2058) etc next year so i wanna know how to start preparing for the O levels CIE exams.. Help me? :) Cuz I'm kinda confused and don't know how to start!
(It's my summer holidays so I guess I should start preparing so yeah...)

Reaction score
Just Read the Books.
It's too early for past papers and stuff, i mean you have a whole year.

Reaction score
Just Read the Books.
It's too early for past papers and stuff, i mean you have a whole year.

I know I have a whole year but my dad wants me start from now and all... cuz he really wants me to get an A* in like all my subjects so could you help me out?

Reaction score
Read the chapters you have done in the previous class thoroughly.
After that move on to the next ones.
And Look at the marking schemes and Examiner Reports, they will help.
These two subjects are not that hard. I started like a month before the exams and did not study properly even during those days, still the exams went good.
You have a whole year, good luck.

I know I have a whole year but my dad wants me start from now and all... cuz he really wants me to get an A* in like all my subjects so could you help me out?

Reaction score
Read the chapters you have done in the previous class thoroughly.
After that move on to the next ones.
And Look at the marking schemes and Examiner Reports, they will help.
These two subjects are not that hard. I started like a month before the exams and did not study properly even during those days, still the exams went good.
You have a whole year, good luck.

My problem is I haven't been studying these subjects since childhood and have moved here to Pakistan a few years ago so It's really hard for me anyway thanks :)
Plus umm just a personal question... Did you achieve you're target tho? Like I NEED an A* no matter what!

Reaction score
My problem is I haven't been studying these subjects since childhood and have moved here to Pakistan a few years ago so It's really hard for me anyway thanks :)
Plus umm just a personal question... Did you achieve you're target tho? Like I NEED an A* no matter what!

These subjects are not related to past studying. Its like what you study this year, that's all that will help.
I dont know yet, the result will come in August.
Dw, you'll get an A*.
I mean, you're starting a year ago. You're hardworking!
Hardwork pays off. You don't have anything to worry at all.

Reaction score
These subjects are not related to past studying. Its like what you study this year, that's all that will help.
I dont know yet, the result will come in August.
Dw, you'll get an A*.
I mean, you're starting a year ago. You're hardworking!
Hardwork pays off. You don't have anything to worry at all.

Oh OK ... Hope you get an awesome result :) Plus I reaaaalllly hope I do get an A* even tho Idno I feel like I don't study enough but anyway Thanks Man!

Reaction score
Oh OK ... Hope you get an awesome result :) Plus I reaaaalllly hope I do get an A* even tho Idno I feel like I don't study enough but anyway Thanks Man!

Ur welcome.
And Concentrate more on Geography! That's where people usually lose marks.

Reaction score
Ur welcome.
And Concentrate more on Geography! That's where people usually lose marks.

Ahah, Umm I'm pretty good at geography but yeah it can be quite confusing with all the crazy junk in it.
If you can, just tell me a few important things about the papers I'm gonna give next year (Like you know tips, points etc?)... I'm still confused as idno if im studying urdu as my first or second language :/

Reaction score
Geography requires understanding.
In order to develop that understanding you need to read that Huma Naz Sethi Book as much as you can.
Plus, solve past papers for Geography. They are most imp in geography!
For History and Islamiat you need plain reading.
And There are a lot of books. You need to stick to specific books which are best.

Like Geography --> Huma Naz Sethi
History --> Nigel Kelly
Islamiat --> Farkhanda Noor Muhammad.

You need to take Urdu - Second Language. That's easier. Urdu - First Language is tough, complicated and lengthy.

Ahah, Umm I'm pretty good at geography but yeah it can be quite confusing with all the crazy junk in it.
If you can, just tell me a few important things about the papers I'm gonna give next year (Like you know tips, points etc?)... I'm still confused as idno if im studying urdu as my first or second language :/

Reaction score
Oh okay I study those in skool anyway! And ok it'll be second I think as English is taken as the first language(It's my first language anyway!). But I wish pakistan had more subjects to choose from, oh well -sighs- Thanks Again :)

Reaction score
Oh okay I study those in skool anyway! And ok it'll be second I think as English is taken as the first language(It's my first language anyway!). But I wish pakistan had more subjects to choose from, oh well -sighs- Thanks Again :)

(y)

Reaction score

Sorry to bother you again but i was wondering, You know the mark scheme papers right so can those answers be used in the real Exams as answers too?
E.g ..
(a) Who was Titu Mir? (4)
Ans:-A disciple of Syed Ahmed, horrified by sufferings of Muslim farmers in West Bengal during
1830s, organised a stand against zamindars, set up his own rule near Calcutta with small
army, provoked British and killed in battle 1831.
But yeah surely i'll properly develope the answer
Or like
(b) Explain the choice of Urdu in 1947 as the national language of Pakistan. [7]
Ans:-
LEVEL 3: Explains reasons. [5–7]
It carries immense importance for all Pakistanis since it has been considered to be the
language of all Muslims for 300 years. It was the language associated with the Pakistani
Movement throughout its struggle with the British and the Hindus. After Independence, it was
felt that the language was the uniting force behind the nation and the government is
committed to using it at all levels in society.

Reaction score
Yeah, Marking Scheme provides us with the key points.
You need to elaborate them and then present them in your answer.
The 7 mark question requires 3 paragraphs and each paragraph should explain 1 point so a total of 3 points.
The 4 mark question required 4 facts in a few lines.

Sorry to bother you again but i was wondering, You know the mark scheme papers right so can those answers be used in the real Exams as answers too?
E.g ..
(a) Who was Titu Mir? (4)
Ans:-A disciple of Syed Ahmed, horrified by sufferings of Muslim farmers in West Bengal during
1830s, organised a stand against zamindars, set up his own rule near Calcutta with small
army, provoked British and killed in battle 1831.
But yeah surely i'll properly develope the answer
Or like
(b) Explain the choice of Urdu in 1947 as the national language of Pakistan. [7]
Ans:-
LEVEL 3: Explains reasons. [5–7]
It carries immense importance for all Pakistanis since it has been considered to be the
language of all Muslims for 300 years. It was the language associated with the Pakistani
Movement throughout its struggle with the British and the Hindus. After Independence, it was
felt that the language was the uniting force behind the nation and the government is
committed to using it at all levels in society.

Reaction score
Yeah, Marking Scheme provides us with the key points.
You need to elaborate them and then present them in your answer.
The 7 mark question requires 3 paragraphs and each paragraph should explain 1 point so a total of 3 points.
The 4 mark question required 4 facts in a few lines.

I Still don't get the 14 marks questions, even in my skool exams I didn't score well on them as they make us do the past papers .. So any links to full answers or like help me out? :)

Reaction score
The 14 mark question requires like 5 paragraphs of writing.
Like example:

'The Arrival of British was the main reason for decline of mughal empire''. Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]

In this type of question, you need to explain the reason in the question in the first paragraph.
2nd paragraph --> Another reason [Wars of Succession]
3rd paragraph --> Incompetence and pleasure seeking rulers after Aurangzeb
4th paragraph --> Vastness of Empire
5th paragraph --> Conclusion.

So you need to explain separate reasons in separate paragraphs and give a conclusion and your own opinion in the end to get 14/14.

I Still don't get the 14 marks questions, even in my skool exams I didn't score well on them as they make us do the past papers .. So any links to full answers or like help me out? :)

Reaction score
The 14 mark question requires like 5 paragraphs of writing.
Like example:

'The Arrival of British was the main reason for decline of mughal empire''. Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]

In this type of question, you need to explain the reason in the question in the first paragraph.
2nd paragraph --> Another reason [Wars of Succession]
3rd paragraph --> Incompetence and pleasure seeking rulers after Aurangzeb
4th paragraph --> Vastness of Empire
5th paragraph --> Conclusion.

So you need to explain separate reasons in separate paragraphs and give a conclusion and your own opinion in the end to get 14/14.

Oh right, just another thing my teacher told me that
- the point in the question must be discussed
- Then most important point
- Another important point
- 2 more points..
- Conclusion
And aren't we supposed to give the background?
So are The Wars of Succession and pleasure seeking rulers most important?
I'm Confused :/

Reaction score
No Background info is required.
You have to tell how each reason contributed to the downfall of the empire.
And the most imp reason is a matter of opinion.
But i think the incompetence of Aurangzeb's successors was the major reason that destroyed and lead the empire to its eventual decline.
Had they been good people concerned about administration, they could have handled all the problems and dealt successfully with all the internal and external revolts and invasions and successfully maintained the empire. But they were too luxurious and ignorant to do that!

Oh right, just another thing my teacher told me that
- the point in the question must be discussed
- Then most important point
- Another important point
- 2 more points..
- Conclusion
And aren't we supposed to give the background?
So are The Wars of Succession and pleasure seeking rulers most important?
I'm Confused :/

Reaction score
No Background info is required.
You have to tell how each reason contributed to the downfall of the empire.
And the most imp reason is a matter of opinion.
But i think the incompetence of Aurangzeb's successors was the major reason that destroyed and lead the empire to its eventual decline.
Had they been good people concerned about administration, they could have handled all the problems and dealt successfully with all the internal and external revolts and invasions and successfully maintained the empire. But they were too luxurious and ignorant to do that!

Ohkayyyyy Thanks for helping me out! I hope I can ask you more whenever I need help ^_^
BTW if you have any good links of 7 and 14 marks questions + Geo Info that would be great !

Reaction score
Yeah, you can message me if have any queries, i'll be glad to help. ^^

Ohkayyyyy Thanks for helping me out! I hope I can ask you more whenever I need help ^_^

BTW if you have any good links of 7 and 14 marks questions + Geo Info that would be great !