• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT guidence and help needed

Reaction score
There is no need to Lol; you were not clear about anything.

Don't take the SAT. Just practice from SAT-I books when you are preparing for your BBA (and the likes) entry tests.

Good luck.
Thanks. :)

Reaction score
There is no need to Lol; you were not clear about anything.

Don't take the SAT. Just practice from SAT-I books when you are preparing for your BBA (and the likes) entry tests.

Good luck.
One more thing ive heard from few people that if u give sat then the uni will not take ur apitude test. And they will directly take ur interview. Thats why i got exieted

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
One more thing ive heard from few people that if u give sat then the uni will not take ur apitude test. And they will directly take ur interview. Thats why i got exieted

That's just for IBA. If you score above 1900, you are exempted from its entry test.

Reaction score
Nibz, other than the Official SAT Study Guide, which book do you suggest for building up vocabulary for the test? Other than of course novels and magazines.
AbbbbY suggested me Princeton Review's Word Smart 1, should I use that?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Nibz, other than the Official SAT Study Guide, which book do you suggest for building up vocabulary for the test? Other than of course novels and magazines.
AbbbbY suggested me Princeton Review's Word Smart 1, should I use that?

No. That's an outdated book. Hardly any vocabulary word comes from it.
Since you have more than one year to take the test, I would advise you to memorize Barron's 3500 word list. That should be enough for vocabulary.

Reaction score
Since you have more than one year to take the test, I would advise you to memorize Barron's 3500 word list. That should be enough for vocabulary.

Okay.
You advised me to take the test this year, for practice. So, I might take it this year.
Okay, I'll go through the list and memorize what I don't know.
Thank you!

Reaction score

Really? Even the Jun 2012 edition?

Interesting. I don't have time for Barrons 3500. (Oct 13'). I have yet to start the vocab banks, although my vocab is sub-decent (but not enough to guarantee a 2000+)
What book/lists would you suggest, considering I'll have roughly 2 months. (basically Aug + Sept)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Okay.
You advised me to take the test this year, for practice. So, I might take it this year.
Okay, I'll go through the list and memorize what I don't know.
Thank you!

You will forget these words after some time. So, there is no use of learning all these words now. You can, however, learn every new word you come across, but your main focus should be on other sections, the ones that need time for improvement. Passage reading for you, perhaps.

Also, take the test in January (2014, the practice one). And again, in October (2014, the real one).

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Really? Even the Jun 2012 edition?

Interesting. I don't have time for Barrons 3500. (Oct 13'). I have yet to start the vocab banks, although my vocab is sub-decent (but not enough to guarantee a 2000+)
What book/lists would you suggest, considering I'll have roughly 2 months. (basically Aug + Sept)

Yes.

Go for Direct Hits Core Vocabulary for SAT (both volumes). The best books for SAT vocabulary. And very concise, too.

Reaction score
You will forget these words after some time. So, there is no use of learning all these words now. You can, however, learn every new word you come across, but your main focus should be on other sections, the ones that need time for improvement. Passage reading for you, perhaps.

Also, take the test in January (2014, the practice one). And again, in October (2014, the real one).

I'm not going to memorize them as such. I'm going to go through them and try to get a grab of all the 'new' words. Okay, I think I'll need to go through the Study Guide and practice tests to develop an understanding about the test.

January? Okay. Thank you. :)

Reaction score
asalam u alikum, i am pakistani student ,iwant to register for sat2 but when i enterd my street address it always said in valid,plz tell me how to and what to write in street address?

plz immediately

Reaction score
CAN SOMEONE PLEASEEEEE HELP ME.... I registered for the SAT II this nov as a PRIVATE candidate and this is my first time doing sats..so what realllyyyy worries me is that do i get only 60% of my score is from sat and 40% from the skool? the problem is i dont go to skool i do it alone...so what does that mean,,someone plz help im getting really worried

Reaction score
so what realllyyyy worries me is that do i get only 60% of my score is from sat and 40% from the skool? the problem is i dont go to skool i do it alone...so what does that mean,,someone plz help im getting really worried

Who told you that? This isn't true.

Reaction score
Who told you that? This isn't true.

my mother's friend, her children went to a sat skool and she said something like that, so i was wandering since im home schooled for sat , when i apply for uni they require a skool certificate so what can i do then????

Reaction score
my mother's friend, her children went to a sat skool and she said something like that, so i was wandering since im home schooled for sat , when i apply for uni they require a skool certificate so what can i do then????

SAT is a generalized exam that has nothing to do with a school.

Reaction score
Have a few questions regarding the SAT online registration:
1. I'm currently in AS so what should be my 'High school graduation date"' and 'expected graduation date'?
2. Are all those questions regarding extracurriculars, college majors etc really imp? I mean will they by any way affect registration?
3. How long will the SAT scores remain valid?

Reaction score
Guyz i have a really serious q's!For example if two students appeared for same subjects!One of them didnt left any q's and got about 5-10 q's wrong and another students who only attempted about 75-80% q's and did less wrong q's.so , now can anyone plz tell me that who would get a better score! and is it necessary to answer all q's even though some or maybe near to most of them are wrong or just leave the q's which u dont know or u r not sure about its answer!

Reaction score
Nibz
Isnt there sat reasoning n sat I&II? So for a commerce student reasoning test is required in good uni in Pak
Am I rite?