• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT guidence and help needed

Reaction score
How should I prepare for SAT and how do I apply it?
Please tell me. Thanks :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Are you talking about SAT Reasoning Test or SAT Subject test?

Reaction score
Should I take tutions?

Well, I for one, am strictly against tuitions for anything. You should practice these by yourself, there is nothing too complex about these, just that you need a lot of practice. Tuitions are a waste of money. However, you should get a second opinion on this (I haven't given the SAT yet).

Reaction score
Well, I for one, am strictly against tuitions for anything. You should practice these by yourself, there is nothing too complex about these, just that you need a lot of practice. Tuitions are a waste of money. However, you should get a second opinion on this (I haven't given the SAT yet).
Well, I have asked few people they said you should take tuitions because its new to you and all that stuff.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
SAT Reasoning Test

Get the Official SAT Study Guide. Its practice tests are very close to the real SAT. It even has 3 real tests.
Take one of its practice tests. Get a baseline score. If you find that you're rocking the Math section, but are falling short in the Critical Reasoning section, then you'll know that you need to beef up your study efforts in the CR.

You won't be able to get an accurate estimate of your failings if you study before you take a practice test. Besides, you will find that you already know most of the things in the study guides that you read.

Once more: only practice from the Official Tests.

Reaction score
Well, I have asked few people they said you should take tuitions because its new to you and all that stuff.

I think Nibz can give you a better judgement on this.
The thing is that the tuitions maybe able to guide to through the test but your preparation for the actual test (especially Maths and Writing) depends mainly on practice and your English skills.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Hogwash!

The only thing that the Academy is useful for is that the teachers in these tuition centers actually make you practice daily. If you think you can do this on your own, then I don't see any point in taking tuitions.

Reaction score
Hogwash!

The only thing that the Academy is useful for is that the teachers there actually make you practice daily. If you think you can do this on your own, I don't why you should take classes for this.
Alright, I will do it by my own. If help is required I'll ask you :)

Reaction score
Hogwash!

The only thing that the Academy is useful for is that the teachers in these tuition centers actually make you practice daily. If you think you can do this on your own, then I don't see any point in taking tuitions.
And one more thing I want to study in Pakistan not abroad so is it beneficial do give sat?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, i m a commerce student. With accounts,eco And b.stds

There is no need to Lol; you were not clear about anything.

Don't take the SAT. Just practice from SAT-I books when you are preparing for your BBA (and the likes) entry tests.

Good luck.