• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question relating to today's ATP

Reaction score
i wrote mixture of both by mistake anhydrous copper sulphate changing from blue to pink :( maybe i will get 1 out of 2)

Reaction score
Pass air into a bag anhydrous containing copper (II) sulphate colour change = white to blue
Pass air over moist cobalt chloride paper colour change = blue
Both are valid tests and cant be marked incorrect because the examiner didnt specify if he wanted chemical or biochemical tests

Reaction score
The oxygen test was the glowing splint one na? I wrote complete experiments for all the gases and hence wrote the phosphorous and inverted test tube in beaker of water one :/ i know that they'll penalise me for the oxygen test but will thru cut marks if I wrote experiments instead of just tests??

Reaction score
c
well actually i wanted to ask this - a question was given in the ATP in which we had to confirm the presence of water vapour in exhaled air. I forgot the color change of cobalt chloride, and wrote about anhydrous copper(II) sulphate instead of it. Color change was white to blue. Beside cobalt chloride, is this also acceptable?
cobalt chlroide as well as anhydrous copper chloride were both acceptable...

Reaction score
Yes it was the glowing splint one and you're write you had to write only the tests not the experiments
Yeah I know but will my marks be deducted if I wrote the complete experiments? My answers even eent over the length of the box :/

Reaction score
Ahh! That's a relief to hear that anhydrous was acceptable ... Thnx guyx :) N i also wrote about the inverted test-tube experiment regarding oxygen. I mentioned in the last two lines that a glowing splinter is introduced inside which vil relight

Reaction score
n wat did u guys label in the drawing of the seed? i labelled plumule, radicle and testa only

Reaction score
there was no cotyledon to be seen :/ there was just testa. i also labelled hypocotol, dont know whether its correct or not.