• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
you may be correct about telenor idk but as far as engro ,schlumberger ,ici and to a degree p&g are concerned they prefer giki students that i know

Any proof of that? 'cause this year loads of students were hired by Engro before they even graduated. Talking about Nust Islamabad.

Reaction score
Any proof of that? 'cause this year loads of students were hired by Engro before they even graduated. Talking about Nust Islamabad.

because i am working at engro fertilizers , we have hired 11 giki students(most from any institution) and two of them are in my department i can name some of them, i am not here to degrade any university i was just telling what i saw ,i am from neither nust or giki i am myself a uet taxila graduate i have always seen nust student outbnumbering gik's(2000 to about 300) but in multinationals i mentoined gik students outnumber the nust students but the main thing that matters is not your university but your skill if i said gik has advantage over nust that doesn't mean nust is not good

Reaction score
Lums is catching up without any doubt I can say that in near future LUMS reputation will exceed that of nust.
Only a fortnight after the convocation of the Class of 2012, LUMS proudly shares exciting news of our graduates acquiring their jobs and taking the first step onto the path of success.
Our very first batch of Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) has received an overwhelming response from the job market. A number of our Computer Science graduates have received job offers from Microsoft, USA before graduation and will join Microsoft in Fall 2012. One of our electrical engineering undergraduates is working with National Instrument at an international assignment. He was selected for the position against 1200 contending applicants from across Pakistan.
Our number of students going abroad to pursue further studies increases every year. The graduates from SBASSE have been accepted into distinguished Master’s and Doctoral programmes in leading universities. Twenty students from the School will be joining graduate programmes in renowned universities in Europe and USA; fifteen of them were accepted in PhD programmes, four in MS/MRes programmes and one student was admitted to a D. Phil programme. The universities include University of Massachusetts, Carnegie Mellon University, University of South Carolina, Michigan State University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Max-Planck Institute, Grand Ecole at EDHEC, University of North Carolina, University of Arizona, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Rochester Institute of Technology, University College Cork, University of Connecticut, University of Texas at Arlington, New York University, Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, Duke University, New York University, Vermont University, Dartmouth University, Uppsala University, University of London and Oxford University.

Reaction score
because i am working at engro fertilizers , we have hired 11 giki students(most from any institution) and two of them are in my department i can name some of them, i am not here to degrade any university i was just telling what i saw ,i am from neither nust or giki i am myself a uet taxila graduate i have always seen nust student outbnumbering gik's(2000 to about 300) but in multinationals i mentoined gik students outnumber the nust students but the main thing that matters is not your university but your skill if i said gik has advantage over nust that doesn't mean nust is not good

Haha i've got nothing against giki =P I'm just meantioning what i've seen. 7 students from the chemical department alone were hired by engro this year before their graduation :)

Reaction score
Haha i've got nothing against giki =P I'm just meantioning what i've seen. 7 students from the chemical department alone were hired by engro this year before their graduation :)
correction 4 of them , i had personal interaction with one of them his name was osama hassan i guess!! giki does not offer chemical engineering thats why nust had edge on this field do you know engro hired 9 ce grads of punjab uni and 3 of karachi university ???? somes this up but on general hr rating in engro atleast gik has edge over nust in me ee although this edge is really slim when you compare gik with nust eme

Reaction score
correction 4 of them , i had personal interaction with one of them his name was osama hassan i guess!! giki does not offer chemical engineering thats why nust had edge on this field do you know engro hired 9 ce grads of punjab uni and 3 of karachi university ???? somes this up but on general hr rating in engro atleast gik has edge over nust in me ee although this edge is really slim when you compare gik with nust eme

Giki does offer chemical engineering. =P anyway i'm not from either of the two universities, and i respect your opinion. So umm let it go man.

Reaction score
Giki does offer chemical engineering. =P anyway i'm not from either of the two universities, and i respect your opinion. So umm let it go man.
lol it recently started its chemical engineering program tell me how many nust chemical engineering graduates were there in 2007 ?????its first chemical engineering batch would come out in 2016 we will see then

Reaction score
lol it recently started its chemical engineering program tell me how many nust chemical engineering graduates were there in 2007 ?????its first chemical engineering batch would come out in 2016 we will see then

Lol what part of 'let it go man' is so hard to understand. Anyway i'm not gonna say anything in favour of or against any university because everyone has their opinions. I just like nust better because it's labs seem better than gik. Plus i like the H-12 campus. It'll probably be ahead of EME soon if you visit their labs :) (i've visited giki and nust islamabad.) Anyway i know a participant and i guess a runner up too of the international physics olympiad. He went to UET lahore because according to him it's not about the university, it's about you. People think that if they are branded with a university name, that automatically makes them better engineers but it doesn't. In the end, you should go where you feel that you can learn best and be able to best apply your abilities. So yeah with that, give it a rest. Peace!

Reaction score
Lol what part of 'let it go man' is so hard to understand. Anyway i'm not gonna say anything in favour of or against any university because everyone has their opinions. I just like nust better because it's labs seem better than gik. Plus i like the H-12 campus. It'll probably be ahead of EME soon if you visit their labs :) (i've visited giki and nust islamabad.) Anyway i know a participant and i guess a runner up too of the international physics olympiad. He went to UET lahore because according to him it's not about the university, it's about you. People think that if they are branded with a university name, that automatically makes them better engineers but it doesn't. In the end, you should go where you feel that you can learn best and be able to best apply your abilities. So yeah with that, give it a rest. Peace!
i just corrected your fact and you gave me a comprehension to read ........yeah we should end this debate here

Reaction score
ok i am an overseas and want to apply to LUMS for next year.Just want to know if the admission procedure is same for overseas and locals or is it different.Also I read a post saying tht people who got 6 As in o-levles have no chance.I got 6 A*s in IGCSE and distinction in English.So do i have any chance.Pls pm me.I have so many querries.One more Q,can we give LCAT and SAT both and do they reqiure original or the copy of Cambrige certificate.

Reaction score
i got 5A*(phy,chem,maths,pakstudies,urdu),2A(Addmaths,computerstudies) and unluckily 2B(english,islamiyat) in my olvlz...in short 5A*,2A...and an equivanece of 87%.......and in my A1 final exams..i got 2A*(phy and chem),1A(maths)..........i didnt appear for AS exams..........NOW,i wanna ask..that with this result and wid a good entry test preparation,,can i get into LUMS SSE.??>......reply plzz....i shall be very grateful..:)

Reaction score
are
i got 5A*(phy,chem,maths,pakstudies,urdu),2A(Addmaths,computerstudies) and unluckily 2B(english,islamiyat) in my olvlz...in short 5A*,2A...and an equivanece of 87%.......and in my A1 final exams..i got 2A*(phy and chem),1A(maths)..........i didnt appear for AS exams..........NOW,i wanna ask..that with this result and wid a good entry test preparation,,can i get into LUMS SSE.??>......reply plzz....i shall be very grateful..:)
are u overseas?

Reaction score
any one...plzz.???

Thts really very impressive string of results u have! But purely upon experiance u need to ace the test! A friend of mine having 8/9 As in olevel nd 3As in AS LEVEL plus 2390 SAT II score got rejected cuz his test didnt go well! So give it ur all before the SSE test so u dnt look bck to regret a single second u wasted! :)

Reaction score
I got 3A* 4A (two in stats and commerce) 2B 1D 80% equivalence.In my a! final got 3A 1D. I got into LUMS. And you have a better chance than me. Test matters the most.

Reaction score
I got 3A* 4A (two in stats and commerce) 2B 1D 80% equivalence.In my a! final got 3A 1D. I got into LUMS. And you have a better chance than me. Test matters the most.

True that! Test matters the most!!!
toxic devil: are u confident about achieving ur condition of 2b nd 1c in these A level exams! I dnt kno y i m confussed as to me these pprs looked tuffer thn most in recent years! Whats ur take on it?

Reaction score
They only take 3 best subjects so thats a relief. (at first i thought that no more than one C) I have full confidence that InshaAllah I will get atleast 2 A in physics and bio. Maths is my worst subject. So the third best is Chemistry. By looking through the past Grade Threshold I have deduced that the minimum I can get is a C in chemisry. So InshaAllah I will meet the conditions.

Reaction score
Gooners and toxicdevil
Thankk u.:).....and plzz can u help me ragearding entry test preapartion....coz i wanna start it by now as well as of SAT 2 which ill be giving in JAUUARY.....INSHALLAH..:)