• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
DID SOMEONE GIVE PAPER 51 CAN THEY WRITE DOWN POINTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WRITTEN IN QUESTION 1 AND WHAT DIAGRAM YALL MADE IM LOSING MY SHIT

Hey .. I did p51 I also found it extremely confusing .. I drew a retort stand with a clamp holding sphere T and it should be of the same height above the bench .. for charging the sphere .. I connected the positive terminal of the Alternating power supply to the sphere and I connected the negative terminal to a metal object so that the circuit is complete (working) .. then found the voltage across the alternating power supply using CRO .. and for the force I found the mass of sphere S using balance and multiplied by 9.81 ....

Reaction score
1888.8 and the time was either 6, 9, or 12 (ppl are arguing over it)
The time was 12s for sure, I have checked that question with my teacher. Also just to clarify, you don't lose a mark for every answer that has an incorrect no of significant figures. You only lose 2 marks at max for the whole paper if you have written answers to an incorrect no of significant figures(throughout the paper).

Reaction score
Hey .. I did p51 I also found it extremely confusing .. I drew a retort stand with a clamp holding sphere T and it should be of the same height above the bench .. for charging the sphere .. I connected the positive terminal of the Alternating power supply to the sphere and I connected the negative terminal to a metal object so that the circuit is complete (working) .. then found the voltage across the alternating power supply using CRO .. and for the force I found the mass of sphere S using balance and multiplied by 9.81 ....
did u also do the thing where F vs V would give a straight line and then F is dependant on V

Reaction score
in the question related to doppler effect , even though the source was going far from the observer but its velocity was decreasing .. when we considered till 8s as mentioned in question. so should'nt the frequency increase
Yes bro, frequency increased. That was a bit of a trick, though it could've easily been noticed.

Reaction score
Yes that’s correct
the distance is constant. i forgot to write the F= mg technique but i did write the relationship correctly. i also wrote about letting the sphere charge and reading on top pan balance to get constant to make the final reading. told to measure the diameter of spheres properly so that the distance r is accurate and proper. anything else?

Reaction score
There were a few tricky questions in paper 22. Overall, how did you find them? I found them a bit tougher than mj 2017

Reaction score
S17 was surely tougher than s18! S18 had standard questions with little trickery, but s17 had a few new questions with different styles. Thresholds are expected to be 40-42 for S18.

Reaction score
the distance is constant. i forgot to write the F= mg technique but i did write the relationship correctly. i also wrote about letting the sphere charge and reading on top pan balance to get constant to make the final reading. told to measure the diameter of spheres properly so that the distance r is accurate and proper. anything else?

What did you use to measure diameter ?? I used vernier caliper .. how was Q2 did u finish on time ?

Reaction score
What did you use to measure diameter ?? I used vernier caliper .. how was Q2 did u finish on time ?
yeh the whole paper i kind of couldnt complete on time. Q.2 was also on the tougher side. i drew the line of best fit and stuff. what was your gradient .
also i took the y intercept from the graph is it alright.

Reaction score
S17 was surely tougher than s18! S18 had standard questions with little trickery, but s17 had a few new questions with different styles. Thresholds are expected to be 40-42 for S18.
I hope it won't be like 43,44. How did the people in your school feel? Are you taking A2 as well ?