• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey everyone out there. I was wondering if someone has the same paper variant as me in other countries so that due to time difference we can help with the questions coming. My paper variants are listed below.
Physics 22, physics 12 physics 33
Chemistry 22, Chemistry 12 and Chemistry 33
Mathematics 12 and Mathematics 62
My time zone Pakistan Standard time GMT+5

Reaction score
You and other people doing the same variant would be doing the exam at the same time that's why there are variants so students can't use other peoples time zones to see the questions coming. However the 22 and 21 usually have one or 2 similar questions but I doubt they can tell you since they probably don't know or remember the questions coming. Plus the 21 variant and 22, 23 all happen at different dates. So lol I don't know how people are gonna help eachother.
Hey everyone out there. I was wondering if someone has the same paper variant as me in other countries so that due to time difference we can help with the questions coming. My paper variants are listed below.
Physics 22, physics 12 physics 33
Chemistry 22, Chemistry 12 and Chemistry 33
Mathematics 12 and Mathematics 62
My time zone Pakistan Standard time GMT+5

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is kinda unrelated to physics but I wanted some help with further maths question since further thread is pretty much dead. If anyone taking further maths can help me out it would be very helpful. I can do (a) but I need help with (b). It's S07P1Q11 btw if you need Mark Scheme which didn't help me enough to understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Can anyone help me in the following questions from oct/nov/2017/13 Q36 Q37View attachment 63284

View attachment 63285

36)
Applying KVL around the circuit gives
2E = IR + Ir1 + Ir2

Since the voltmeter reading zero this means there is no voltage difference between its contacts points which gives
Vrise=Vdrop
E = Ir1

Substituting this into the first equation gives
2Ir1 = IR + Ir1+ Ir2
R = r1 - r2 (B)

37)
Applying KVL around the circuit gives
2E - E = 3IR
E = 3IR

The PD between P and Q is due to the battery and resistor between them
PD = E - IR
= E - 1/3 E (substituiting first equation)
= 2/3 E (C)

I would recommend practicing how to use KCL and KVL using YouTube videos.

Reaction score
View attachment 63388
oct nov 2017 13
any help would be appreciated
i think it should be D.
Can't be B or C cuz of Newton's 3rd law so the force by floor on man must always be equal to the force on floor by man.
However, since the floor itself is accelerating downwards, it must be applying lesser force on the man than a still floor.
So the force must be lesser than the weight of the man.

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is kinda unrelated to physics but I wanted some help with further maths question since further thread is pretty much dead. If anyone taking further maths can help me out it would be very helpful. I can do (a) but I need help with (b). It's S07P1Q11 btw if you need Mark Scheme which didn't help me enough to understand.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• F846DD84-FE23-4611-8395-F8A0916CBF37.jpeg
    F846DD84-FE23-4611-8395-F8A0916CBF37.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2AC963E5-B6BF-4540-84E0-45300539010A.jpeg
    2AC963E5-B6BF-4540-84E0-45300539010A.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
THESE GRAPH QUESTION ARE SO ANNOYING CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THESE just the graph parts of the questions, also for the rectifier question where would P and the capacitors go?
thanks in advance

Attachments

• help 1.PNG
    help 1.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 10
  • help 2.PNG
    help 2.PNG
    69.6 KB · Views: 13
  • help 3.PNG
    help 3.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 10
  • help 4.PNG
    help 4.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 13
  • HELP 5.PNG
    HELP 5.PNG
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
  • HELP 6.PNG
    HELP 6.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
For J08 P5 Q2 d why won't we include s^-1 in the units
R=R0e^-pnx
(R/R0)=e^pnx
Ln(R/R0) divided by px= n
since the units of R and Ro is 1/s when doing R/R0 you are basically doing 1/s divided by 1/s which is the same as 1/s multiplied by s/1 hence the s cancels out leaving you with:
1/px=n
units of p=kgm^-3 and x=m
since its kgm^-3 the m^3 goes up and it cancels with the m at the bottom leaving you with units of n as m^2Kg^-1

Reaction score
THESE GRAPH QUESTION ARE SO ANNOYING CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THESE just the graph parts of the questions, also for the rectifier question where would P and the capacitors go?
thanks in advance
1-
Since this is a non inverting amplifier you have to use the following formula.
Gain = Rf/Rin + 1
2- Now Vout is found by multipilying Vin x gain so do this for all values for the graph. The graph will be a straight line but don't stretch it above 9V cuz you can't have a Vout above 9V. At that point, the Vout stay 9 no matter how much u increase the Vin. Because the op amp is 'saturated'.
3 and 4- The current is directly proportional to change in flux but EMF is directly proportional to RATE OF CHANGE of flux. So take the gradient. It will be constant and positive initially till t1, then constant and negative (more negative) till t2 and then it becomes zero.
5 and 6 -
The P is shown below marked red. You can trace the path of the current passing thru the diodes (always passes thru diodes having the P junction before). Current always flows from positive to negative terminal of the load.
upload_2018-5-2_18-10-10.png
For capacitor, put it in parallel to the load like this. This is how it's placed in every rectifier for smoothing: in parallel to the load.
upload_2018-5-2_18-12-21.png

Reaction score
Holmes
yh sure lol
the diagram below is just for explanation I'm running short of time..i apologise for the not-so-nice quality of the graph lol
okay so start with drawing the error bars along the x axis (shown by blue)
the two error bars ive drawn here are of the first and the last point which coincidentally lie on the line
the worst acceptable line (red) is the one which passes thru the extreme left of the error bar of the last point and the extreme right of the error bar of the first point and vice versa.
upload_2018-5-2_20-57-9.png

Reaction score
Holmes
yh sure lol
the diagram below is just for explanation I'm running short of time..i apologise for the not-so-nice quality of the graph lol
okay so start with drawing the error bars along the x axis (shown by blue)
the two error bars ive drawn here are of the first and the last point which coincidentally lie on the line
the worst acceptable line (red) is the one which passes thru the extreme left of the error bar of the last point and the extreme right of the error bar of the first point and vice versa.
View attachment 63404
Thanks. It was a HUGE help.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
View attachment 63318
Can anyone help me with this ques.? Explanation needed..☺
The current in the horizontal resistors is 8,3 and 1 respectively and across the vertical resistors is 5, 2 and 1 respectively. By this calculate voltage across each resistor and the total potential difference across the 1st horizonal resistor and 1 vertical resistor gives us the voltage across the battery's input terminal. Now the thing that is of our main concern : Current. As you can see in the last section where the current is 1 A the total voltage across the two resistor is 2V . These two resistors are parallel to the second vertical resistor so it is supposed to have 2V across it too as branches have same voltage. By this the current in second branch is 2 A . By kirchoff's first law, the current flowing through second horizontal resistor will be 3 A so voltage across it will be 3V. Now the 2nd horizontal resistor and the second vertical resistor are in parallel to first vertical resistor so it has a voltage of 5V . By this, we know that current across it is 5A . So the total current flowing through the first horizontal resistor is 8A.

Reaction score
View attachment 63388
oct nov 2017 13
any help would be appreciated
As the lift is accelerating down, there is a resultant force acting on the man and the lift (2nd law of newton)
F=ma the resultant force F is equal to weight of the man minus the tension in the cable of the lift so technically the force exerted by the man us less that its weight.